Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Door Not Operating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@lloyds I had an issue with a ton of error messages like no ABS, no regen, no traction control and 3-4 others last Sunday. Came out of nowhere.

I emailed Tesla service and they called me within 10 minutes and responded on email and told me to shut off car for 5 minutes or so and then power it back on. Since then, all has been great. Also helped me recalibrate passenger side front door. However, I think the door will need a long term fix - looks like a seal issue on my window. I think latch is fine

I have one of the first thousand and have had quirky problems that went away with software updates and created with updates...be patient. I am currently having similar problems and found things that help. 1) Shut the system down (just like your iPhone). 2) Manually open the door and slowly push it completely open then close it. 3)Make sure you send "Note to Tesla" from the steering wheel and explain specifically the problem. This leaves a tag for Tesla. Perhaps you have already done these...not by yourself...Your spouse says you spent too much money.

Lyon, how long did this take for your replacement?

My driver door just stopped working today, 3rd one on a 47xxx, Dec. 2014. The Portland SC has kept them in stock so I've not had to wait for parts, just a 3 hr. Service appt. I'm 4 hrs away and my appt. isn't until next Wed. Does anyone know if one of the 3rd party apps can open the windows? That would be awesome.

My driver door just stopped working today, 3rd one on a 47xxx, Dec. 2014. The Portland SC has kept them in stock so I've not had to wait for parts, just a 3 hr. Service appt. I'm 4 hrs away and my appt. isn't until next Wed. Does anyone know if one of the 3rd party apps can open the windows? That would be awesome.

Respectfully, your Mfg. Date and Vin is not an X.

My front passenger door has quit opening unless activated by the screen.
I assume that you checked that it was still set. Another try that may help:

Go to the Controls - Emergency and turn the car off. Then power it back on again (touch the brake or panel). Now open the door, get out, walk away to get it to close. Then approach the car again and see if it opens.

I had to do this after one of the updates. Not sure if it actually helped or was just a coincidence.:confused:

• Funny
Reactions: ABCCBA and ModelX
Car is back...they replaced the latch

Screenshot_20160513-135947.png