Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front USB slots no longer working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, about 800 miles into my Model 3. During today’s drive the USB ports in the front stopped working - dashcam and phone charging no longer work. Back ones still work.

Tried the soft reset using the two buttons on the steering wheel, and tried powering off from the security menu - neither have gotten it working again.

Any ideas before I call service?

Hey guys, about 800 miles into my Model 3. During today’s drive the USB ports in the front stopped working - dashcam and phone charging no longer work. Back ones still work.

Tried the soft reset using the two buttons on the steering wheel, and tried powering off from the security menu - neither have gotten it working again.

Any ideas before I call service?

Do a reboot again, leave the car overnight so it can sleep. And then try it tomorrow. You'd be surprised, - stuff like that is fixed by this.

My taptes is also only working on the right side. Tried plugging in power directly, splitters, reset, but wont work. Left side will work for like 10 seconds when I first get in the car but then stops working. Wonder if its a software issue?

Happened to me too just now. Received my Taptes gen 2 charging pad today. Everything worked fine for about 10 seconds. Then the left side of the pad would not charge. Switched the cables around and the left side worked but not the right side. A minute later neither side worked. Rebooted twice (second time with foot on brake), each time resulting in both sides working for a few seconds, then only one side working, and then neither side working. Rear USBs work fine.

Happened to me too just now. Received my Taptes gen 2 charging pad today. Everything worked fine for about 10 seconds. Then the left side of the pad would not charge. Switched the cables around and the left side worked but not the right side. A minute later neither side worked. Rebooted twice (second time with foot on brake), each time resulting in both sides working for a few seconds, then only one side working, and then neither side working. Rear USBs work fine.

Same thing for me. I got taptes gen2 wireless charging pad. Tried it out, worked on left side then moved to right then both sides stopped working. Thought it was a defective product since the wires worked before. Tried with the rear usb and charger works.
Also my usb flash drive now keeps saying it wont work bc the write speed is too slow for the dash cam and sentry.

My taptes is also only working on the right side. Tried plugging in power directly, splitters, reset, but wont work. Left side will work for like 10 seconds when I first get in the car but then stops working. Wonder if its a software issue?

Dang...I got the new taptes and I'm having the same exact issue. It works the first time i out the phone down but after I take it up and put it back it no longer works until the next time I get in the car....weird.

I was going to call warranty with taptes because the SSD I have for recording is still on and works so the port is still active, I think the taptes is faulty.

Do you have the new one?

Dang...I got the new taptes and I'm having the same exact issue. It works the first time i out the phone down but after I take it up and put it back it no longer works until the next time I get in the car....weird.

I was going to call warranty with taptes because the SSD I have for recording is still on and works so the port is still active, I think the taptes is faulty.

Do you have the new one?

Yes, I have the gen2 Taptes. So I did contact taptes about the issue and they told me to unplug all cables from the car, do a reset (brakes + wheel buttons), then plug it back in with both sides connected to the power only side of the usb splitter. Somehow, now it works. Glad it wasn’t a faulty charger.