Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk dent and scratch - caught on sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this really necessary?
Yep. I call it as I see it.
Yeah, i don’t see this as an intentional act
Next thing you’ll be saying is hey kids will be kids. Of course it was intentional. There were many other ways for them to “pose” that didn’t involve them getting on the hood of someone’s car. It’s obvious they have no respect for other people’s property. I could elaborate further on the hand signs they were displaying but it speaks for itself.

Next thing you’ll be saying is hey kids will be kids. Of course it was intentional. There were many other ways for them to “pose” that didn’t involve them getting on the hood of someone’s car. It’s obvious they have no respect for other people’s property. I could elaborate further on the hand signs they were displaying but it speaks for itself.

Kids will be kids and ultimately you should consider the fact that the most these kids can hope for is an opportunity to pose for a picture with a tesla, while your the one who actually gets to live the life. The didn’t smash a window, see if they could get the tablet from inside the car, key the car, ect..... they leaned on the hood, took a quick picture and left. I would be pissed if i walked up on it but ultimately i would have decided i probably over reacted...

Kids will be kids and ultimately you should consider the fact that the most these kids can hope for is an opportunity to pose for a picture with a tesla, while your the one who actually gets to live the life. The didn’t smash a window, see if they could get the tablet from inside the car, key the car, ect..... they leaned on the hood, took a quick picture and left. I would be pissed if i walked up on it but ultimately i would have decided i probably over reacted...
I’ll be brutally honest:
1) This guys din’t look like being 10years old, they can drive so they’re considered already capable of acting with judgment
2) The fact that a person is young doesn’t give the right to ruin something
3) I’m against jail or similars, but they should be paying for what they did, both monetary for the repairs and maybe spend some time to do social jobs. So instead of having free time to ruin somebody else property they could do something useful
4) Kids are kids and they have the right to make mistakes but we all should learn from out mistakes. BTW They don't have the rights to do whatever they want...
5) You don’t know what people did to be able to afford a Tesla, maybe they bust their ass to be able to buy it.
6) You don’t know what this kids will do in their life. At the moment they’re doing better than I was doing their age (I couldn’t afford a car)
7) If you think they’re just kids you’re free to send the money for the repairs to the Tesla owner. It’s just money. The owner will be free to use them to repair the car or to give to help kids.

I’ll be brutally honest:
1) This guys din’t look like being 10years old, they can drive so they’re considered already capable of acting with judgment
2) The fact that a person is young doesn’t give the right to ruin something
3) I’m against jail or similars, but they should be paying for what they did, both monetary for the repairs and maybe spend some time to do social jobs. So instead of having free time to ruin somebody else property they could do something useful
4) Kids are kids and they have the right to make mistakes but we all should learn from out mistakes. BTW They don't have the rights to do whatever they want...
5) You don’t know what people did to be able to afford a Tesla, maybe they bust their ass to be able to buy it.
6) You don’t know what this kids will do in their life. At the moment they’re doing better than I was doing their age (I couldn’t afford a car)
7) If you think they’re just kids you’re free to send the money for the repairs to the Tesla owner. It’s just money. The owner will be free to use them to repair the car or to give to help kids.

I didn’t say they were free from responsibility. I said the vitriol about it was unnecessary.

Reactions: N5329K and davewill
Since my family just left this morning, I’ll just add that even supposedly smart people can do stupid things.

My nephew just finished freshman year at Cornell, took a paddle board and got too close to a family of loons with a baby. The father loon freaked out. Dumb, but it happens. Did anyone know how soft the Model 3’s hood was before buying it? Not me. My dad sat me and my 2 siblings on the hood of his 64 ½ mustang to take a picture when I was 3yrs old. It’s not that unusual to take a pic on a car.

Then there’s my older brother, who got a ticket for passing our local elementary school, going 45mph in a 25mph zone. He couldn’t resist saying it was late Sunday afternoon in the Summer! The cop wasn’t too happy. Also dumb! And my bro is supposed to be a genius. So even smart people do stupid things.

Reactions: qdeathstar

I think the discussion is getting tangled up around the "it" that's intentional.

They certainly did deliberately get on the hood. I do not believe that they intended to do any damage to it, or that they believed they had when they left.

That doesn't in any way relieve them of responsibility for the damage they did, but it is a foolish impulsive act rather than a malicious one.

Status
Not open for further replies.