Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated. 2 month old car not drivable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drotto25- I had same experience from the paint touch up to delayed service and good text response from a human. The SC has consistently said the delay is parts or simple volume of cars and prioritizing , eg. Stranded car from out of state. Hopefully Tesla agrees to a buyback so you can resolve this without a tussle and hearing on lemon law. They should also offer something for your trouble. If you get any pushback ask for the next higher up with authority to grant your request. You can also call national and get them pushing from another direction. Good luck!

Reactions: drotto25
Drotto25- I had same experience from the paint touch up to delayed service and good text response from a human. The SC has consistently said the delay is parts or simple volume of cars and prioritizing , eg. Stranded car from out of state. Hopefully Tesla agrees to a buyback so you can resolve this without a tussle and hearing on lemon law. They should also offer something for your trouble. If you get any pushback ask for the next higher up with authority to grant your request. You can also call national and get them pushing from another direction. Good luck!
I can ask for the Moon and request new car and the full self driving, no charge. :p

drotto25: I think your patience will pay off. I agree with what you're doing (except I'd rather have my car in my garage, while waiting for parts!).
Keep us posted.
No sense in having it in the garage if you do not trust it to drive. Much happier having the loaner in that respect. No updates yet, app just says in service, nothing about parts ordered or a done by date. They get a little slack today since we had a decent snow storm, and I am not sure how much work they could get done because of that.

Not that Tesla cares much, but they may have lost a sale over this, because my wife's business partner was about to order one, and not is not sure seeing our issues.

Hopefully last update.

After another week, we have the car back again. This time they did send it to the body shop to fix the paint properly and get the hatchback better aligned. The paint is good now. The hatch is better but not perfect, I guess it never will be.

After three days the car is still working no warnings. They say they went through every component of the electrical system, which took several days. They could not find any additional faulty components, but changed the 12 V battery a second time. They are saying they found some lose wires in the wiring harness, which they claim was triggering fault sensors in the rest of the system. They said they sent all the information to the corporate engineers, and they could not find any additional issues.

Lets hope so.

Reactions: Carlvs