Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.3.6 Fail - no stopping for school bus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's really "great" <sarcasm>, a vital safety feature that is only available on 3's and Y's. Good going, Tesla.
It's not just for 3s and Ys. Many have videos and pictures of it working on their S/X.

It's in the Model S Owner's manual as well.

As I said, it's annoying on my MS, often slowing down for an emergency vehicle on the opposite side of the interstate.

It does not work on mine. The article specificallty notes only 3's and Y's. So, does it only work on the newest hardware configurations > HW3?
I couldn't tell you that. It's probably too sensitive on my MS compared to my MY, but it's absolutely not just for the 3/Y...Electrek, per usual, is incorrect with that. They also reported that all Teslas would get the ability to adjust regen, but that was only for older Models that used to have it.

That's really "great" <sarcasm>, a vital safety feature that is only available on 3's and Y's. Good going, Tesla.
*sigh* Come on people - exercise a little critical thinking skills before throwing your hands in the air and whining on a forum.

This article was created in 2021. Do you think Tesla hasn't rolled that out to Model X and S in the last 2 years? How can you check to see if it's in Model S and X? How about the Owners Manual?

Oh, look - in the Model X manual in the Autopilot section:

Emergency Vehicles​

If available in your market region, Model X automatically reduces driving speed when lights from an emergency vehicle are detected when using Autosteer at night on a high speed road. When this happens, the instrument panel displays a message informing you of the slowdown. You will also hear a chime, and see a reminder to keep your hands on the steering yoke (or steering wheel). When the light detections pass by or cease to appear, Autopilot resumes your cruising speed. Alternatively, you may tap the accelerator to resume your cruising speed.
Never depend on Autopilot features to determine the presence of emergency vehicles. Model X may not detect lights from emergency vehicles. Keep your eyes on your driving path and always be prepared to take immediate action.

*sigh* Come on people - exercise a little critical thinking skills before throwing your hands in the air and whining on a forum.

This article was created in 2021. Do you think Tesla hasn't rolled that out to Model X and S in the last 2 years? How can you check to see if it's in Model S and X? How about the Owners Manual?

Oh, look - in the Model X manual in the Autopilot section:
Again, my 2017 MX does not do this. At all. I'm on 11.4.4, with HW3 and MCU2. Perhaps the newer models do this, and I'd like to know why they do and mine doesn't.