Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.4.4 wide release??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try not to think of this as "They need to fix this". Let's look at it this way. When you were in school, and the teacher put up a new formula, did you immediately get it and use that formula properly, perfectly, every time after that? Most people don't. They need time to work the formula, see different applications of the formula, solve various word problems using the formula. If you made a mistake, why doesn't the teacher just fix you? Your brain (neural net) needs sample data, training, and time to get it right. You do eventually get it.
You've got the wrong student. The student is the FSDb team, and what they're learning how to do is fashion the neural nets that will be able to take all that lovely learning data and generate control inputs for the car. The neural nets train in about a day, and then that's it; they're not going to learn anything new. The problem is that the FSDb team is creating skittish teenagers. Put skittish teenagers into the car and you get skittish teenager behavior - and that skittish teenager will forever be a skittish teenager.

So the FSDb team's job is to create software that emulates a capable driver. They've created a buggy approximation of that and they need to fix it. They won't be changing loops, calls, conditionals and data structures because the software is built using other techniques, but they have bugs and they need to fix them.

• Funny
Reactions: cbdream99
I have had FSDb 11.3.6 for 1.5 months now. I don't drive a really lot, but have been driving more lately.

I just received an update waiting for 11.4.4.

Does this mean I have been promoted from newbie status, or have they started releasing 11.4.4 to the population of newer FSDb users?

I read that 11.4.4 was a bit of a regression. Should I be concerned going from 11.3.6 to 11.4.4? I feel that I have gotten used to 11.3.6 and can predict when most stupid things will occur and am able to disengage prior to the most annoying ones.

I have had FSDb 11.3.6 for 1.5 months now. I don't drive a really lot, but have been driving more lately.

I just received an update waiting for 11.4.4.

Does this mean I have been promoted from newbie status, or have they started releasing 11.4.4 to the population of newer FSDb users?....
No, 11.4.4 is the "new" 11.3.6 standard release. Us "old timers" are on 23.7.x software which is much older. We are getting 11.4.7 now.