Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69.2.3 Assessment After Two Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find 10.6.9.2.3 significantly improved over earlier versions. So far this week the car has made a safe and effective decision in 49 of 51 test cases (turning at an intersection with traffic and no light). One case was a failure to yield to traffic in a circle; the other was failure to yield to left-turners coming from across the intersection (we were turning right). In that case, the car may have been planning to turn into the right lane, but I couldn't be sure of that or of which lane the turning car was headed for, so I took over.

The lane change logic still needs work. The car sometimes gets into the wrong lane for an upcoming turn, or tries to move into the correct lane too late because that lane is full of traffic. When that happens, it doesn't know what to do, so just stops in the traffic lane. It needs to anticipate upcoming turns and get into the correct lane earlier.

Limitations:

• Significant precipitation generates an "Autopilot not available due to weather" message, and FSD features seem to be disabled.
  • Parking lots and other places that are not mapped
  • Inability to see light signals on other vehicles (turn signals, flashers). Sometimes this causes a poor decision, such as a left-turner coming from the right. The car sees this as a crossing situation and moves too soon to enter the intersection. I suspect it will not stop for a schoolbus with flashing red lights. This limitation may have been a factor in the publicized fatal accidents involving Teslas plowing into roadside emergency vehicles with all their flashing lights on.

Bottom line: the car basically drives itself to all of my destinations around town with minimal intervention on my part. The performance is truly awesome, and the car is a real pleasure to "drive."

I am also still getting the wrong or too late lane selection. It’s gotten better on a couple test scenarios I use to measure this, but especially if there’s traffic it doesn’t choose well.

I have been getting the take over because emergency vehicle detected though. Has yours not?

I am also still getting the wrong or too late lane selection. It’s gotten better on a couple test scenarios I use to measure this, but especially if there’s traffic it doesn’t choose well.

I have been getting the take over because emergency vehicle detected though. Has yours not?
Haven't seen that message. I wonder how the Autopilot can detect emergency vehicles, since it doesn't appear to recognize flashing lights on vehicles.