Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD BETA 10.69.2 FAILS POLL

What have you noticed FSD BETA 10.69.2 consistently gets wrong?

• Runs blinking red lights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I have reported numerous issues with 10.69.2, I don't believe I have experienced any of the listed options. The closest might be stuck at a stop sign, but that's only because 10.69.2 waits for all cross lanes to be clear. Technically not a failure.

I'm having a lot of "Take Over Immediately" alerts with AP not being available until after a screen reboot.

Also for about 25% of my drives, AP/FSD is not available at all. The FSD visualization still shows but no trajectory/path line. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, but not all the time.

I scheduled a service visit but because I'm out of warranty they want to charge a $250 "Diagnosis Fee". I'm worried they're just going to tell me it's a bug or FSD issue and charge me $250.

Also noticed my car is not taking speed limits from databases anymore. It turns from a street with a 20 MPH speed limit onto a 50 MPH speed limit and it stays set to 25. Prior versions of FSD wouldn't do this, it would immediately adjust to the speed limit without having to pass a speed limit sign.

I'm having a lot of "Take Over Immediately" alerts with AP not being available until after a screen reboot.

Also for about 25% of my drives, AP/FSD is not available at all. The FSD visualization still shows but no trajectory/path line. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, but not all the time.

I scheduled a service visit but because I'm out of warranty they want to charge a $250 "Diagnosis Fee". I'm worried they're just going to tell me it's a bug or FSD issue and charge me $250.
Then you can file a valid complaint with your credit card company for a dispute

Maybe there should be a poll of people who begged, prayed, cried, and bitched about not getting FSD for the longest time, yet after getting it, they don't like it and complain about everything that is wrong. :) I'm not implying it works great. Just an observation of looking at postings in the last 6 months. ;)

View my post as just a poor attempt at humor.

Reddit comments have lots of reported issues with 10.69.2, many/most of which I have personally experienced driving in Toronto during rush hours.

The complaint about not signalling far enough in advance is certainly a user preference issue. I find the car signals in accordance with the legal limits (generally 100 ft, I believe) before the turn. The poster apparently is used to signaling further in advance than that and will never be satisfied with FSD.

The attempt to turn left after a traffic light turned red was due to the car clearing the intersection that it had entered while the light was green. This is legal so long as you entered the intersection before the light turned red and usually should be done to avoid 'blocking the box'. The poster may not like the car doing this, but it is not an uncommon practice for human drivers at unprotected lefts at busy intersections.

The other complaints appear valid.

I checked some options but they don't adequately describe the problems that I've encountered. 10.69.2 slows to a complete stop when a vehicle approaches on an unlined road. It also slows to a stop when a vehicle approaches on a lined road during a tight curve.

Other than that, the only other thing that I've noticed is it is much more daring than I would be when making a ULT onto a highway.

It can't do roundabouts to save its (and my) life.

I believe that many of these errors that are reported are resulting from conflicts between the vision system and map data.

The complaint about not signalling far enough in advance is certainly a user preference issue. I find the car signals in accordance with the legal limits (generally 100 ft, I believe) before the turn. The poster apparently is used to signaling further in advance than that and will never be satisfied with FSD.

The attempt to turn left after a traffic light turned red was due to the car clearing the intersection that it had entered while the light was green. This is legal so long as you entered the intersection before the light turned red and usually should be done to avoid 'blocking the box'. The poster may not like the car doing this, but it is not an uncommon practice for human drivers at unprotected lefts at busy intersections.

The other complaints appear valid.
I do the left on red all the time. I'm in the left turn lane, and the light turns green. I creep forward, about half into the intersection and wait for traffic to clear so I can make my turn. Traffic never clears, and the light turns yellow. A few cars keep going through the yellow, and then everyone stops on the red, giving me the opportunity to finally make my turn. As I was already partially in the intersection, this is not illegal and expected to avoid, as you said, "blocking the box".

These lights are maybe 150' apart. They are synched and change together. During rush hour it is wall-to-wall traffic.

Today approaching the first light it turned yellow and FSDb pushed through, which is appropriate. But it didn't even slow for the 2nd light, red well before arrival. Safety intervention and reported.

Screenshot_20220914-185819_Chrome.jpg

I do the left on red all the time. I'm in the left turn lane, and the light turns green. I creep forward, about half into the intersection and wait for traffic to clear so I can make my turn. Traffic never clears, and the light turns yellow. A few cars keep going through the yellow, and then everyone stops on the red, giving me the opportunity to finally make my turn. As I was already partially in the intersection, this is not illegal and expected to avoid, as you said, "blocking the box".
I've wondered about this as a regional preference. I don't know what the laws are exactly, but general practice I've noticed in many other states is that people in left turn lanes do NOT proceed into the middle of the intersection. They will wait at the line until it's clear enough to go. It feels really strange as someone used to California driving, but apparently I stick out like a sore thumb when I do this in some other states.

Reactions: Dewg

I've wondered about this as a regional preference. I don't know what the laws are exactly, but general practice I've noticed in many other states is that people in left turn lanes do NOT proceed into the middle of the intersection. They will wait at the line until it's clear enough to go. It feels really strange as someone used to California driving, but apparently I stick out like a sore thumb when I do this in some other states.

I once did what Dewg described. As I started my turn, I noticed that it was a cop car right behind me, tailing me close. I thought for sure he intended to pull me over for running the red. Nope, he was doing the exact same thing.

Pulling out into the intersection is expected around New England. In Boston metro, you're likely to get a honk if you remain at the stop line because 3 people behind you want to run that red as well.

-edit-
I see no solution to any AV fitting into an aggressive-driving locale until all cars are AVs. When NHTSA forced tesla to remove the rolling stop, I knew I'd be intervening with the accel pedal at pretty much every stop sign now.

Maybe there should be a poll of people who begged, prayed, cried, and bitched about not getting FSD for the longest time, yet after getting it, they don't like it and complain about everything that is wrong. I'm not implying it works great. Just an observation of looking at postings in the last 6 months. , they realized that once again, the reality of what was delivered is not what was promised by the CEO of the company. ("🔥🔥🔥") and that years later? Phantom braking STILL occurs when shadows are cast onto the highway from trees in the median.

View my post as just a poor attempt at humor.
Fixed

Last edited:
When there is constant traffic coming the other way, if you don't pull ahead across the stop line you will never legally be able to turn. This is because the oncoming traffic will only clear once the light changes and you cannot cross the stop line when the light turns yellow.

I wonder how many cycles people who are "no-movers" will sit and wait for their turn before they change their rule and move into the intersection? I'm guessing after about a minute of everyone else holding down their horns in unison.

Must be nice to drive in a world where there is no oncoming traffic.

Reactions: Dewg
I got 10.69.2 this Monday, and I've been quite satisfied with the improvements. It addressed 6 out of the 10 nagging issues I had with my FSD Beta on my Model 3. Yes, I count them. I've been using FSD beta on my 45 miles daily trip, and it has all the challenges of right turn on red, unprotected left turns, stop signs, freeway merge, school zones, freeway inter-changes, etc. I don't have to override the system as much as before.