Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD BETA 10.69.2 FAILS POLL

What have you noticed FSD BETA 10.69.2 consistently gets wrong?

• Runs blinking red lights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 10.69.2 this Monday, and I've been quite satisfied with the improvements. It addressed 6 out of the 10 nagging issues I had with my FSD Beta on my Model 3. Yes, I count them. I've been using FSD beta on my 45 miles daily trip, and it has all the challenges of right turn on red, unprotected left turns, stop signs, freeway merge, school zones, freeway inter-changes, etc. I don't have to override the system as much as before.
When you say "school zones", you mean it's recognizing it's in a school zone and slowing down to 25MPH? I've not experienced that yet.

When you say "school zones", you mean it's recognizing it's in a school zone and slowing down to 25MPH? I've not experienced that yet.
No, it didn't see it as a school zone. Rather, it sees a blinking light above the cross walk during the school hours, next to an elementary school. The car slowed down more than usual when it approached the cross walk.

Reactions: Dewg
Haven't seen any running of lights/signs yet, much better speed control - still more work to do but looking much better than this older poll for 10.12

Haven't seen any running of lights/signs yet, much better speed control - still more work to do but looking much better than this older poll for 10.12

It runs the stop sign near my house pretty consistently. This is new behavior on .69. Prior it was ultra tentative going through that intersection.

On .69 it’s like it doesn’t see the sign until it’s too late, and just decides to keep going.

Reactions: DJT1
When there is constant traffic coming the other way, if you don't pull ahead across the stop line you will never legally be able to turn. This is because the oncoming traffic will only clear once the light changes and you cannot cross the stop line when the light turns yellow.

I wonder how many cycles people who are "no-movers" will sit and wait for their turn before they change their rule and move into the intersection? I'm guessing after about a minute of everyone else holding down their horns in unison.

Must be nice to drive in a world where there is no oncoming traffic.
This just isn’t how the world is everywhere. Traffic light patterns, different social contexts and expectations, etc. Just try driving in Texas and Florida and you’ll see (even in metropolitan areas yes with oncoming traffic), not everyone pulls into the intersection to wait and they also don’t get stuck for light cycles upon cycles.

I’d also go as far as to say it’s a good practice (especially for Americans) to try driving in other parts of the world. It opens your eyes to what other practices are out there.

Not sure where to find the answer but I'm going to try here. Got the software download notification last night for 2022.20.17 and when I got into the car this morning, it indicated that the software was downloaded. However... I still don't see the FSD display on my S. Do I have to do something special to activate the software?? I even tried rebooting the system, but nada.....

Not sure where to find the answer but I'm going to try here. Got the software download notification last night for 2022.20.17 and when I got into the car this morning, it indicated that the software was downloaded. However... I still don't see the FSD display on my S. Do I have to do something special to activate the software?? I even tried rebooting the system, but nada.....
Yes you have to turn it on.

Reactions: kcveins and Dewg
Press the car icon in the lower left corner. Then go to the Autopilot settings and check EVERY setting in there, including the sub-settings like Navigate on Autopilot.

• Helpful
Reactions: kcveins
Did you install it?

Press the car icon in the lower left corner. Then go to the Autopilot settings and check EVERY setting in there, including the sub-settings like Navigate on Autopilot
I had enabled to FSD button in the past, but after the software update, I had to click it over again
Going for the first drive today
Thanks!

Reactions: Dewg
I'm a new user of the FSD beta. I got it just last week for the first time. My very early opinion is that it's a total s h i t show. If this is only as far as they've gotten, it will be at least 5 years before there's something really usable by the majority of drivers. FSD upgrade was the worst $4k I ever spent (2019 M3).

Even in normal mode, it accelerates much too quickly in my residential neighborhood where there are children everywhere. It tried to turn right at a red traffic light right when a car was turning left with a green left turn arrow on to the same street I was headed. The other car started moving and about 1-2 seconds later my car tried to turn right in front of them. I can't imagine that the other car wasn't sensed, but I wasn't looking at the screen since I was busy preventing an collision.

One thing it doesn't do that floors me is that it when navigating on autopilot it will not take an exit off of the highway even though the blue route line is going that way. Does anyone know if this is 'normal' for the beta?? It just doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: Sharps97
One thing it doesn't do that floors me is that it when navigating on autopilot it will not take an exit off of the highway even though the blue route line is going that way. Does anyone know if this is 'normal' for the beta?? It just doesn't make any sense.
All perfectly normal. We have a few years to go! There's no rush, since there is zero competition.

For this issue it's not FSD probably but you should show the exit and which lane you were in, maybe there is a reason. Have to make sure you have auto-lane change turned on, too to make sure it will exit (though it will take exits with that off, assuming you're in the correct lane to allow it to happen). I don't have it on and just make sure it's going to exit. No big deal. I'm driving, not the computer!

I really wish it would recognize speed bumps/dips. My neighborhood is properly marked for dips in the road (yellow sign that displays "Dip" but FSDb would take the dip at the 25MPH speed limit causing considerable underbody scraping if you would let it (I never do).

Another thing that it is consistently bad at is not dropping speed on command. There are speed traps when the road drops from 45 to 25, and even if I manually reconfigure (speed stalk down to the 25) it won't bleed the speed fast enough.

Lastly another consistently bad behavior is turn signal onto side streets. The moment it begins bleeding the speed to make a turn onto a side street, it should engage the turn signal. It doesn't engage the turn signal until you're in the last 3 seconds before making the turn, which would piss somebody off waiting to make the turn thinking you're going straight/past them.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
All perfectly normal. We have a few years to go! There's no rush, since there is zero competition.

For this issue it's not FSD probably but you should show the exit and which lane you were in, maybe there is a reason. Have to make sure you have auto-lane change turned on, too to make sure it will exit (though it will take exits with that off, assuming you're in the correct lane to allow it to happen). I don't have it on and just make sure it's going to exit. No big deal. I'm driving, not the computer!
I was in the far right lane. All it had to do was take the exit. And I have lane change on, because it will change lanes to go around slower traffic and also to get in the proper lane at a traffic light for a right/left turn.

One other thing that has peeved me since even before the FSD beta is that the system will drive the car down the middle of how wide it senses the lane. That means that if you're in the far right lane of the highway and come up on an off ramp or an on ramp, it will temporarily sense the widening of the lane due to the merging or splitting of the lane. When it senses a wider lane, it moves the car into the perceived center of that wider lane, which means the car will weave right, and then back left as the lane narrows to the normal width. This is always disconcerting and there's no need for it. They need to program it to just follow the left lane line for the majority of cases.

Also, still problems with phantom braking, and not resuming set speed after slower traffic exits.

I was in the far right lane. All it had to do was take the exit. And I have lane change on, because it will change lanes to go around slower traffic and also to get in the proper lane at a traffic light for a right/left turn.

One other thing that has peeved me since even before the FSD beta is that the system will drive the car down the middle of how wide it senses the lane. That means that if you're in the far right lane of the highway and come up on an off ramp or an on ramp, it will temporarily sense the widening of the lane due to the merging or splitting of the lane. When it senses a wider lane, it moves the car into the perceived center of that wider lane, which means the car will weave right, and then back left as the lane narrows to the normal width. This is always disconcerting and there's no need for it. They need to program it to just follow the left lane line for the majority of cases.

Also, still problems with phantom braking, and not resuming set speed after slower traffic exits.
Yep, all perfectly normal.

What exit?

Actually this is the fault of your highway department. DOT standards specify short dashed lane markings at exits. If they do not exist (older exits, etc), your car may wander a bit.
That has been much improved for me. It does slow if it detects a hazard, such as a pedestrian or a narrow squeeze. But nothing like the sudden phantom braking in earlier versions.

• Funny
Actually this is the fault of your highway department. DOT standards specify short dashed lane markings at exits. If they do not exist (older exits, etc), your car may wander a bit.
Fundamentally when there's a lane branch there's no way to avoid a wider section unless you extend the dashed markings all the way back to the solid white line. This is not what is done by convention in most places in this country.

Car wanders in those scenarios, and the behavior changes depending on whether there is a lead car.

Strangely, I don't wander in a similar scenario. Usually seems clear enough what is going on even if I have never driven the road before (of course there are exceptions to that).

I'm a new user of the FSD beta.
<snip>
the time that happened to me, I realized I had failed to click the little icon at the bottom of the route display that needs to change from grey background to blue background for FSD to be fully enabled. The bizarre thing is that in that mode it would drive itself on city streets, and would drive well down the freeway, but did not take the exit that the nav lady voice was instructing us to take.

The need to touch that particular icon may depend on your other settings under Autopilot on the configuration menu.

But, to answer your question directly, NO, it is not normal for beta to fail even to try to take an exit indicated by the planning.

• Informative
the time that happened to me, I realized I had failed to click the little icon at the bottom of the route display that needs to change from grey background to blue background for FSD to be fully enabled. The bizarre thing is that in that mode it would drive itself on city streets, and would drive well down the freeway, but did not take the exit that the nav lady voice was instructing us to take.

The need to touch that particular icon may depend on your other settings under Autopilot on the configuration menu.

But, to answer your question directly, NO, it is not normal for beta to fail even to try to take an exit indicated by the planning.
Ok, I don't think I've done this. I'll give this a look and see if it works.

Your solution worked. Thanks.