Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69 Set to Release to Only 1,000 Vehicles This Saturday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's highly anticipated FSD Beta 10.69 software update is releasing this Saturday, August 20th, to 1,000 FSD Beta users. According to Elon Musk, "There are many major code changes, so this will be an extra cautious rollout."

As a result, 10,000 cars will receive the update with any necessary bug-fixes the following Saturday, and all 100,000+ FSD Beta users will receive update 10.69.2 the weekend after.

Knowing Tesla's ambitious goals with FSD Beta and the numerous potential issues the initial release may have, I'd recommend those in the Beta to be prepared to not receive the update in the next few weeks.

Despite these delays, the rumored changes in this update are numerous and very exciting. According to Elon in the latest Tesla shareholders' meeting, "we’ve made some pretty significant architectural improvements so it’s really gonna be more than 10.12 to 10.13 release. It might qualify for 10.69," hence the update being renamed from FSD Beta 10.13 to FSD Beta 10.69.

Some noticeable changes in 10.69, as confirmed by Elon Musk are:
- Will start to drive without traffic data
- Single Stack (FSD Beta will drive on both freeways and highways)
- Significant improvements on roundabouts

IMG_0104.jpeg

Last edited:
I bet because I didn’t drive with FSD on (due to cabin camera nonsense) on 10.12.2, I won’t get this update on first or second wave 😅😅
Nobody knows if that counts, really. But since you didn't use the FSD beta you had because you didn't like the cabin camera stuff, why would you care whether or not you get the new beta, since it will doubtless have the same restrictions?

Nobody knows if that counts, really. But since you didn't use the FSD beta you had because you didn't like the cabin camera stuff, why would you care whether or not you get the new beta, since it will doubtless have the same restrictions?
There were issues with it, I kept getting red arms of death and messages to pay attention, no matter how much attention I paid, which ended in strike outs. Figured maybe the newer dumpster fire revision would fix it. I didn’t want to keep using the current version to exhaust all of the strikes for them to then possibly not reset, as it has happened to some members on here.

There were issues with it, I kept getting red arms of death and messages to pay attention, no matter how much attention I paid, which ended in strike outs. Figured maybe the newer dumpster fire revision would fix it. I didn’t want to keep using the current version to exhaust all of the strikes for them to then possibly not reset, as it has happened to some members on here.
And what have you done to fix the problem? It's obvious that your situation is not common.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
What does it take to get the FSD software? Picked up my new MX plaid June 28th. 2000 miles now, 97 safety score. Lots of it on autopilot. Still no FSD.
You will more than likely to get the 10.69 when it becomes a "wide release" few weeks from now, depending on how it progresses. So far, so good.

Just make sure you drive with Autopilot for at least 100 miles if you haven't done so already. I hear this is one of the requirements now.

If that's all you've done, then you will be booted from the Beta program. If you want to remain in Beta, or even use the ADAS features when they are out of Beta, then I suggest you put your thinking cap on and try a little harder.
Good suggestion, I will sign up for some programming courses so I can reverse engineer the code for the cabin camera and then update my car to act accordingly.

Hit it with the palm of my hand until the static goes away and the movie is clear again?
A little unconventional, but I like that you're thinking outside the box. Some people have had faulty or improperly installed wire harnesses for things like their touchscreens. Lightly but firmly tapping the device with your hand can sometimes nudge the harness into position. But this is just a temporary fix, and should lead to another step. What do you think that next step would be?

A little unconventional, but I like that you're thinking outside the box. Some people have had faulty or improperly installed wire harnesses for things like their touchscreens. Lightly but firmly tapping the device with your hand can sometimes nudge the harness into position. But this is just a temporary fix, and should lead to another step. What do you think that next step would be?
Just drive it manually and wait until the next revision of the dumpster fire gets rolled out to people who aren’t shills?

Just drive it manually and wait until the next revision of the dumpster fire gets rolled out to people who aren’t shills?
Good guess, and I like that you tried. But that won't work. Software updates can solve problems for people, but those problems would be universal. Since very few people are having your problem, it's unlikely a software update will fix it. What else can people who aren't haters try?

Good guess, and I like that you tried. But that won't work. Software updates can solve problems for people, but those problems would be universal. Since very few people are having your problem, it's unlikely a software update will fix it. What else can people who aren't haters try?
Well that disqualifies me, so I don’t know

It's not that uncommon -- I had/have the exact same problem with the latest release. I had my M3 in the SC and they replaced the camera in the cabin and all the sensors. It didn't fix my problem immediately, but they literally told me "you're not alone with this problem and engineering is working on a fix" and it would be in the next release. Do I believe them? Not really, but it's a possibility lol. It also seems entirely plausible that a bug introduced in this version prevented the system from understanding an intervention/wheel torque had been made by the user, and/or that the user was paying attention (defective cabin camera or algorithm) -- and that a future release would fix that.

And I'm not a hater, but just the same I'm pretty ticked off that something I paid $10k for is a) defective, b) blaming it on me (essentially), c) now unavailable to me, and d) leaves me no real recourse for resolution. And sorry Dewg, but to suggest that we should "nudge a wire harness" or "disconnect and reconnect the 12 volt battery" is really BS. How about, "we paid 10k and it should work?" Or, "they should fix it or refund our money?"

Like Ramphex I also gave up on reverse engineering the cabin camera build lol ... Personally, I'm waiting on the update with fingers crossed hoping the SC was not BS'ing me. If that doesn't work, I'll reach back out to service again. If that doesn't work, I'll watch my mailbox for the class action suit letter and be sure to follow the instructions.

Reactions: Ramphex
It's not that uncommon -- I had/have the exact same problem with the latest release. I had my M3 in the SC and they replaced the camera in the cabin and all the sensors. It didn't fix my problem immediately, but they literally told me "you're not alone with this problem and engineering is working on a fix" and it would be in the next release. Do I believe them? Not really, but it's a possibility lol. It also seems entirely plausible that a bug introduced in this version prevented the system from understanding an intervention/wheel torque had been made by the user, and/or that the user was paying attention (defective cabin camera or algorithm) -- and that a future release would fix that.

And I'm not a hater, but just the same I'm pretty ticked off that something I paid $10k for is a) defective, b) blaming it on me (essentially), c) now unavailable to me, and d) leaves me no real recourse for resolution. And sorry Dewg, but to suggest that we should "nudge a wire harness" or "disconnect and reconnect the 12 volt battery" is really BS. How about, "we paid 10k and it should work?" Or, "they should fix it or refund our money?"

Like Ramphex I also gave up on reverse engineering the cabin camera build lol ... Personally, I'm waiting on the update with fingers crossed hoping the SC was not BS'ing me. If that doesn't work, I'll reach back out to service again. If that doesn't work, I'll watch my mailbox for the class action suit letter and be sure to follow the instructions.
In b4 dewg shills out another solution to try, completely disregarding the possibility of bad code and FSD team dragging their feet to fix it

In b4 dewg shills out another solution to try, completely disregarding the possibility of bad code and FSD team dragging their feet to fix it
Yeah I don't get it ... We'll see; there's a decent chance they fix it, and I do think they're working hard; heck Elon is probably whooping their butts big time. It's gettin' real with FSD and the multiple investigations now and I think that's sinking in for Elon. They won in Germany recently but I think there's a good chance in the US they'll be forced to stop using "full self drive" and "autonomous" in the descriptions. Very concerning though that Karpathy has left; the dude is God in AI -- not exactly going to speed things up. PS: love the dog - here's my mix - maybe they're related!
Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 9.42.30 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Ramphex
At least I'm trying to help solve problems instead of just whining online. If nothing works for you then all I can do is feel bad for you and hope service can help. And calling me a shill just means you don't read all my posts... I point out bad hardware issues, service issues, and acknowledge software bugs. So piss off Ramph.