Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 and 2019 Model X that both have FSD 10.69. On the 2017, when turning on city streets, the Auto Pilot disengages about 3/4 of the way through most turns. Never was an issue with previous versions and not an issue on the 2019. Any thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N
If Elon is within a country mile of reality in suggesting we are shortly going from about 100,000 FSDb drivers to 160,000, then those extra 60,000 have to come from somewhere. If they don't let a lot of people in who are currently running higher than 2022.20.n software (specifically various flavors of 2022.24.n and 2022.28.n) then the numbers won't add to 160K ever for this version.

So take your choice as to which myth you prefer:
1. the 160K real soon now story from Elon
2. the story that FSDb installs never downgrade the user base version

While I'd not be surprised for 160K to be a bit over the reality, I still expect a lot of downgrade installs within just a few days. No, I'm not betting any beer.
If Elon allows all FSD folks to have access we're in trouble. There will be crashes all over the place

If Elon allows all FSD folks to have access we're in trouble. There will be crashes all over the place
I've talked to more than a few Tesla owners with FSD equipped cars who had no idea that there was a beta program. My guess is that these people bought FSD because they wanted every available option, without regard for what FSD actually did.

If these owners get the beta, will they be scared by the firmware notes with the red steering wheel? Some will and won't ever activate the city streets option. Others will try it and then grow disinterested. I'm sure that there are also a lot of BMW and Mercedes owners who never use either auto steer or active cruise control, even though their cars are equipped with those options.

I have a 2017 and 2019 Model X that both have FSD 10.69. On the 2017, when turning on city streets, the Auto Pilot disengages about 3/4 of the way through most turns. Never was an issue with previous versions and not an issue on the 2019. Any thoughts?
I am going to assume it is not disengaging because you are holding the wheel too tight while into the turn? I'm guessing you know that if you are holding too tightly, the car may interpret that you want to take over.

I just tried out the FSD beta in town for the first time. Within 200 yards, it tried to stop at a green light (maybe understandable), but did so 50 yards AFTER the light. Then a few hundred yards down the road, it missed a swerve in the road. No very encouraging I'm afraid. Does anyone have thoughts on the cause? I'm thinking the GPS is off, since I've never had either of these happen on AutoPilot.

I just tried out the FSD beta in town for the first time. Within 200 yards, it tried to stop at a green light (maybe understandable), but did so 50 yards AFTER the light. Then a few hundred yards down the road, it missed a swerve in the road. No very encouraging I'm afraid. Does anyone have thoughts on the cause? I'm thinking the GPS is off, since I've never had either of these happen on AutoPilot.
Go into Settings - Autopilot, and make sure all the settings are set there. Make sure you go into sub-menus, like Navigate on Autopilot, and Summon settings. Also check Settings - Navigation and set the settings there.

I also recommend re-calibrating your cameras - Settings - Service - Camera Calibration. Make sure the cameras are clean, and that you do this during the day and near a freeway/highway with multiple lanes so it will calibrate quickly.