Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Button....Now No Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since clicking on the FSD beta button, for which i can't get in with my horrible 98 safety score, i'm no longer being prompted for firmware updates, specifically any of the 2021.36 releases. Tracking using TeslaFi, i'm usually prompted within the first 72 hours but now it's been over a month.

Is this a thing? Am i now locked into the FSD branch for which i currently don't have access to?

Reactions: 101dals
Correct. The most recent FSD 10.3 version is 36.5.3. So since you're on the BETA track (ie, 98 should be this Friday), you'll get whatever is the latest for FSD Beta. You may not get any of the newer GA features that you've seen because you've chosen to participate in the FSD Beta by obtaining the score needed to get the FSD software.

Thank you, that is what it has been feeling like but good to get some confirmation.

A slightly different question: I clicked on the FSD beta button. My wife and I then drove for over a week before the updated Android app appeared and we found out that our score was 94. We decided that we would not be good beta testers and I clicked the FSD beta again to opt out. We no longer see a safety score. It is now obvious that we too are not gettting updates. Does anyone know how to get Tesla to restart our updates?

A slightly different question: I clicked on the FSD beta button. My wife and I then drove for over a week before the updated Android app appeared and we found out that our score was 94. We decided that we would not be good beta testers and I clicked the FSD beta again to opt out. We no longer see a safety score. It is now obvious that we too are not gettting updates. Does anyone know how to get Tesla to restart our updates?
Following this as i too am going down the path of opting out of FSD.

Reactions: CaptUAL
Interesting. I didn't know that requesting FSD Beta prevented you from getting other updates, but I haven't gotten anything new since 2021.32.22, so I guess that's why. My safety score is only 90 so I won't get the beta anytime soon, but based on what @hawalter said, opting out might not help get new updates.

Has anyone else who opted out received new updates since then?

Interesting. I didn't know that requesting FSD Beta prevented you from getting other updates, but I haven't gotten anything new since 2021.32.22, so I guess that's why. My safety score is only 90 so I won't get the beta anytime soon, but based on what @hawalter said, opting out might not help get new updates.

Has anyone else who opted out received new updates since then?
Nope. Looking at Teslafi, no one has.

Same. Opted out because my score was 96 and couldn’t move up-too many idiots cutting me off in traffic, and when that happens you get gigged for following too closely and hitting the brakes too hard. Now, no updates. I’ll opt back in today, I think. Why not? I won’t get updated either way, and the main cool thing in current updates is the live sentry mode-I can do without that for the time being.

Yesterday I talked with the Berkeley CA SC and explained the update problem. Was told to schedule an appointment and they would do their remote look at the car in a few days so I took the next available appointment on Nov 23. Just now, the Tesla app informed me that 2021.36.5.1 was available and I started the update process. Has anyone else received an update?

Same. Opted out because my score was 96 and couldn’t move up-too many idiots cutting me off in traffic, and when that happens you get gigged for following too closely and hitting the brakes too hard. Now, no updates. I’ll opt back in today, I think. Why not? I won’t get updated either way, and the main cool thing in current updates is the live sentry mode-I can do without that for the time being.
that's what I did and got a 99 score, the beta followed at day or two later

So i bought my MYP August 18th and the only update i got was the safety score update which i forced with an APK mirror app onto my Samsung note 10+. I am sitting at 99 safety now for a few days and did not get the beta invite and also have never had any updates. Even my Tesla App does not have the timed charging update i read about. I look on the app store and it says its fully updated. I am on 2021. 32.22. Thanks for helping in advance.

So i bought my MYP August 18th and the only update i got was the safety score update which i forced with an APK mirror app onto my Samsung note 10+. I am sitting at 99 safety now for a few days and did not get the beta invite and also have never had any updates. Even my Tesla App does not have the timed charging update i read about. I look on the app store and it says its fully updated. I am on 2021. 32.22. Thanks for helping in advance.
well nevermind i am installing fsd beta right now haha