Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried driving the car or just enabled the setting?

It takes a second for FSD to start initializing and showing the visualization once driving. Expanded FSD view is only shown when FSD is engaged.
I have drivin 200+ miles when I try to engage the cruise it gives an error that's when I started noticing no cars or stop lights/ signs. But the FSD road graphs are on now

Yep, received the FSD beta over the weekend. I believe my safety score was around 96 as well.

I've used FSD a few times now, and I have to say -- it's scary. The yoke on my MS jerks around and makes me nervous. I tried the "chill" mode and didn't seem to change any characteristic of FSD. I love beta testing software, for the good of everyone reaping the benefits, but I almost don't want to use it at all to not risk a $100k+ car.

Anyone else feel the same?
Agree, FSD + Yoke is not a great combo, especially when it is turning tight 90 degree turns. Would be much easier to lightly hold a wheel and let it slide, then grab if needed, versus awkwardly trying to hold onto yoke as it spins around.

Reactions: mcvaughan
Wtf... my score just went from 97 to 94 while parked.... had 100 score from may 29th and now it's saying that day was 89 after updating to the .16
Did it register an FCW on the 29th? I had that happen to me once. I.e. about a week after the fact, and after a software update, it gave me an FCW ding. I keep track of SS in a spreadsheet on a daily basis, so it is not that I misread it or something, since the total score was consistent with the spreadsheet, until I got the ding a week later.

Did it register an FCW on the 29th? I had that happen to me once. I.e. about a week after the fact, and after a software update, it gave me an FCW ding. I keep track of SS in a spreadsheet on a daily basis, so it is not that I misread it or something, since the total score was consistent with the spreadsheet, until I got the ding a week later.
No, it added 4 miles of my driving when I was opted out, before update I had 45 miles driven now I have 49

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4 and Mark II
No, it added 4 miles of my driving when I was opted out, before update I had 45 miles driven now I have 49
Do you recall if you did a rest that day? I think in my case I may have saw the FCW and did the rest thing to try prevent it. It worked, until I got a software update a week later. I think the update may have had some extra code to try detect people avoiding dings. Just a thought.

Do you recall if you did a rest that day? I think in my case I may have saw the FCW and did the rest thing to try prevent it. It worked, until I got a software update a week later. I think the update may have had some extra code to try detect people avoiding dings. Just a thought.
No, it had kicked me out of the fsd beta while super charging so I opted back in no safety score showing in app, opted back out drove the car like it's meant to be driven and then opted back in that night and safety score came back and was completely reset like I never drove the car.... this is so fking annoying, glad I pay for an option just for the car to fk me over from getting it...

I'd also love to know how my last trip was 33.3% unsafe following when it was literally autopilot start to finish... only time I disengaged was when I was stopped and making a turn
Unsafe following only comes into play if you’re traveling over 45mph. That stop might have caused the issue? Merging onto highways are a trouble spot too for unsafe following. Good thing is, super easy to correct. Find a boring road/expressway and pace someone about 3-4 car lengths without using AP. I got rid of a 49.3% “unsafe following” ride in about 11miles back in September/October when they started this safety score stuff.

Reactions: Mark II
Really sad to hear about the AP requirements. I stopped using AP because it would always drop my score to the low 90’s. I have my following distance set to 7 but I was getting dinged for unsafe following on every AP trip. I have been 98-99 since January and no beta for me. Sigh

OK, I'm one of the newbee's that just turned on today. Normally, my score is not that great, but it jumped to 96 after a long road trip (with auto pilot time) a couple of weeks ago (the squealing alerts from the safety alarm sitting in the passenger seat also helps with the "aggressive turning" and "close following" violations.

Just tested a short drive so far (😳). So can I turn the FSB beta on and off at will? Or if I turn it off am I opting out then I have to start all over?

Thanks

Really sad to hear about the AP requirements. I stopped using AP because it would always drop my score to the low 90’s. I have my following distance set to 7 but I was getting dinged for unsafe following on every AP trip. I have been 98-99 since January and no beta for me. Sigh
When AP is engaged it does not effect the safety score. Unsafe following doesn’t matter with it engaged. I think the only thing that hurts your score with it in use is forced disengagements

Just go drive 100 miles with AP. I did it with my 2022 on Sunday and got the update later that night, today I did it with the 2018 and got the update about an hour ago.

Reactions: JimS and 3toY22
When AP is engaged it does not effect the safety score. Unsafe following doesn’t matter with it engaged. I think the only thing that hurts your score with it in use is forced disengagements
I would disagree with this based on my results. I tested this for about a month and everytime I used AP on the freeway I had an extremely high unsafe following rating. I have the same commute everyday, so fairly consistent tests. Only when I turn it off and stay about twice the distance that AP would normally follow would I get a safe following rating.

Anyone with a 95 score added after Elon’s tweet?
Me. Got app notice of new software available tonight. Installing now.
D4ED6955-4A27-4821-ABFD-617AE1D899AF.png
AA61B548-DF4B-43B8-BB3F-F6720CEECF51.png

Reactions: 3toY22