Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Lost After Update To 2021.36.5.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is back in the FSD queue after this update on Thursday. My Model 3 was one of the original beta cars in the early access program so I never went thru the driving score step.

Anyone have this issue and if so did the beta eventually come back? I done many updates in the past and it has never affected the beta till now. I know there was a roll back last week so not sure if that created this situation.

Last edited:
My car is back in the FSD queue after this update on Thursday. My Model 3 was one of the original beta cars in the early access program so I never went thru the driving score step.

Anyone have this issue and if so did the beta eventually come back? I done many updates in the past and it has never affected the beta till now. I know there was a roll back last week so not sure if that created this situation.
My car got its first update to 2021.36.5.5 from the factory .103, the FSD( autosteer) got worse, I got the beta fsd request the next day -even though Tesla service said .36.5.5 isn’t compatible w/beta FSD. Well my autopilot is worse it’s constantly braking for no reason, @ green lights, hard brakes on freeway for no reason & driving past parked cars main st. The alarms go off all the time driving on residential st past parked cars, all these autopilot errors decrease my drive score, it almost ran a red light, it doesnt slow down for pedestrians, pressing brakes even minimally ( for peds, making turns ) decreases drive score. Its not right how some 10K FSD buyers get stuck on old noncompatible/buggy FSD software & others get the more updated, compatible FSD software. Im sure the people w/better software can easily get a better drive score than people that got stuck on incompatible, buggy FSD software. Everyone doing the drive score should be on the same level software to get into beta fsd program.

It is my understanding that FSD Beta 10.6 is being released. My Model 3 says it is fully updated as of 12/10/21 but is only at 10.3.1.
Why are the updates not coming to my car? (My garage has solid, fast Wi-Fi.)
Any ideas out there?

I am having the same problem with my Model 3. I received FSD10.3 and had the horrible emergency braking problem. Tesla pushed out FSD 10.3.1 on Oct 25. The car started to download FSD 10.4 but hung at 52% and Tesla service rebooted it and put me back on FSD 10.3.1. I haven't received another update since(now 6 weeks). I have solid WiFi as well. I contacted Tesla service again and asked them to fix my computer and they blew me off. Not sure what is going on. At what point should I get more aggressive?

My car got its first update to 2021.36.5.5 from the factory .103, the FSD( autosteer) got worse, I got the beta fsd request the next day -even though Tesla service said .36.5.5 isn’t compatible w/beta FSD. Well my autopilot is worse it’s constantly braking for no reason, @ green lights, hard brakes on freeway for no reason & driving past parked cars main st. The alarms go off all the time driving on residential st past parked cars, all these autopilot errors decrease my drive score, it almost ran a red light, it doesnt slow down for pedestrians, pressing brakes even minimally ( for peds, making turns ) decreases drive score. Its not right how some 10K FSD buyers get stuck on old noncompatible/buggy FSD software & others get the more updated, compatible FSD software. Im sure the people w/better software can easily get a better drive score than people that got stuck on incompatible, buggy FSD software. Everyone doing the drive score should be on the same level software to get into beta fsd program.
So far no update since I lost FSD, can’t opt out and opt in to trigger driving score since my car never had a driving score , no updates , just nothing I can do

Looks like the email isn’t going to get you anywhere, here is the response, and no changes even after the holiday update

Our engineering teams are working hard at constantly improving Tesla vehicles, including the FSD Beta feature, so while we will digest your feedback we aren’t likely going to be able to respond. If you have any other concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.