Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta on 2023.12.* - when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats is a great preventative tip! Is it used for anything?

The WiFi will be used for steaming when there is no cell service.

For example when you start the car you’ll hear Spotify over WiFi, it will pre buffer the song and I believe the next, and switch to cell as you get out of home WiFi range.

It’s not unheard of to do an interm build and not the latest. Various reasons. Car specific, version of the car, location of car and so much else.

Prior to this current beta build I got there updates in one week which never happens.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
Just got the notification for 2023.12.10 about 2 hours ago, which strangely includes FSD Beta 11.3.6. Looks like Tesla wanted to push it out to people who have been waiting for a while to enable FSD Beta. I guess we will get 11.4 fairly soon then on a newer update. Funny enough, I didn't think I would ever get 11.3.6 because I was stuck on 2023.2.12 for 2 months, so I figured I would get whatever the next 11.4 update would be.

Excited to give it a try, downloading right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHCCAZ
Downloading 2023.12.10 right now which is marked as an FSD build. But interestingly enough it’s still FSD V11.3.6.

Is this a catch-up release for the rest of the fleet to catch up to v11.3.6? 2022.45.15 was the last known version for FSD v11.3.6.
I can’t find any reference to 2023.12.10 as beta anywhere. I can’t even find release notes. If it is beta it’s gone to or pending for a very small amount of users which would normally be employee.

Can you provide screen shots and or links.

I can’t find any reference to 2023.12.10 as beta anywhere. I can’t even find release notes. If it is beta it’s gone to or pending for a very small amount of users which would normally be employee.

Can you provide screen shots and or links.
Screenshot posted in the FSD beta 11 thread, I'll just paste it here:
1684821412382.png

It seems that at the moment, TeslaScope knows that 2023.12.10 contains FSD beta 11.3.6. TeslaFi shows the usual statistics for 2023.12.10 but does not list it yet as being associated with FSD beta. I'm sure this will change very shortly, like overnight.

Downloading 2023.12.10 right now which is marked as an FSD build. But interestingly enough it’s still FSD V11.3.6.

Is this a catch-up release for the rest of the fleet to catch up to v11.3.6? 2022.45.15 was the last known version for FSD v11.3.6.
Just got the notification for 2023.12.10 about 2 hours ago, which strangely includes FSD Beta 11.3.6. Looks like Tesla wanted to push it out to people who have been waiting for a while to enable FSD Beta. I guess we will get 11.4 fairly soon then on a newer update. Funny enough, I didn't think I would ever get 11.3.6 because I was stuck on 2023.2.12 for 2 months, so I figured I would get whatever the next 11.4 update would be.

Excited to give it a try, downloading right now.

Are you two newly subscribed to FSD and was able to request beta today?

Screenshot posted in the FSD beta 11 thread, I'll just paste it here:
View attachment 940303
It seems that at the moment, TeslaScope knows that 2023.12.10 contains FSD beta 11.3.6. TeslaFi shows the usual statistics for 2023.12.10 but does not list it yet as being associated with FSD beta. I'm sure this will change very shortly, like overnight.

This seems highly odd that a higher base build has a lower (reverted?) beta base over what already exist.

The only reasonable answer as I see it is that their are problems with 4.1 and they have canceled the rollout and instead of continuing 4.1 beta they’re going to revert back to 3.6 beta while as a concession beta people reverted back will at least get all that 2023.12 goodness since those on 4.1 beta are stuck back on 2023.7. Which has happens before.

Otherwise it’s just a typo mistake, which has also happened before.

IMG_0147.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JHCCAZ
I also received 2023.12.10 this evening with 11.3.6 FSD software. I originally had 2023.2.12. I downloaded it and I pay for FSD, but I can't toggle FDSb to on yet. The release notes and everything show that FSDb software 11.3.6 is included in this build. Maybe it just takes a while to enable?

This seems highly odd that a higher base build has a lower (reverted?) beta base.
I commented in the other thread that the motivation for this could well be that Tessa wants to take pressure off the 11.4.x release. The mounting backlog of people with 2023 software who won't FSD beta can now be addressed with a well-known and relatively safe FSD beta package, even if it isn't quite the latest and greatest.

Reactions: 3rror
I also received 2023.12.10 this evening with 11.3.6 FSD software. I originally had 2023.2.12. I downloaded it and I pay for FSD, but I can't toggle FDSb to on yet. The release notes and everything show that FSDb software 11.3.6 is included in this build. Maybe it just takes a while to enable?
If your release notes don’t mention the recall(s) compliance I would suspect you won’t be able to toggle beta on until you get to a higher beta like my 4.1 beta.

Question colon have you driven more than a couple of hundred miles on non-beta FSD Autopilot? I'm not really sure if that's a requirement but people have thought so in the past.

Sort of...been in FSD since v10.2(?) but this is a new car. I had 10.69.x on this car then it updated to non-FSD branch because service center toggled FSD off. Now I'm back on.

The murmurs on twitter seem to indicate this is FSD 11.3.6 rewritten onto a new software branch with FSD code fully replacing Autopilot. Waiting for @greentheonly and others to chime in and confirm.

Reactions: JHCCAZ and mgs333
I commented in the other thread that the motivation for this could well be that Tessa wants to take pressure off the 11.4.x release. The mounting backlog of people with 2023 software who won't FSD beta can now be addressed with a well-known and relatively safe FSD beta package, even if it isn't quite the latest and greatest.

In my experience and everyone I know that 4.1 beta it is far more stable than 3.6.

Given the large number of people on 3.6 (or other 3.x, or even 4.1) is so incredibly large they comfortable and safe to move to 4.x even if on a 2023.12 base.

On the other hand the amount of people don’t have beta and are waiting for an acceptable release to get approve for toggle on is quite low. Significantly low I myself don’t see that as a reason to had the higher base and the lower beta.

What about 3.x would be safer, more stable, easier to use, etc would make it a better choice over 4.1?

With 4.1 I haven’t noticed any areas of retro performance. I’m other words moving to moving from sat 3.6 beta to 4.1 beta and making say two things better but one thing worse. This was quite common in early builds and that ratio has only improved as we’ve got to 4.1. Beta.

I’ve never really be enthusiastic about new replacement builds until 4.1 beta. Other owners and OG drivers seem to confirm.

Not that it’s perfect. Car from it. Honestly it’s going to be years more and I don’t think handle it. Moving to Ryzen, HW4 with extra camera inputs (not just for the Semi or Truxk I honestly believe), along with fairly significant redesign of Model 3 (and likely Model Y) seem to imply we’re headed that at.

I’ll be following where this goes in the next 6-12 months and “upgrading” ahead of plan in 2024 or maybe 2025.

Hurry up and wait.

I purchased my car used from Tesla 3 months ago, and all used Teslas in Canada come with FSD. So I've just been waiting for a software update since I bought it.

Just took it for a drive now, and sure enough it has FSD. I was expecting it to be a lot better than it was though, I had to takeover like 5 times in a 10 min drive lol. Some of that was due to construction though.

Reactions: mgs333
I purchased my car used from Tesla 3 months ago, and all used Teslas in Canada come with FSD. So I've just been waiting for a software update since I bought it.

Just took it for a drive now, and sure enough it has FSD. I was expecting it to be a lot better than it was though, I had to takeover like 5 times in a 10 min drive lol. Some of that was due to construction though.

What version.

I had 2023.2.12 prior to tonight (2023.12.10) I now have FSD beta 11.3.6
Just to clarify, you have a non-greyed-out switch to enable FSD beta? Also, have you been driving for at least some time and miles on non-beta FSD/autopilot?

I'm asking not to challenge anything you're saying, but strictly for information. A lot of people including my own family members are trying to play the cards correctly, and to grasp the correct expectations to get into FSD beta from 2023 software releases.

Not sure if that’s what your relating to put I thought I had you had to have 100 miles or something after you get beta (lately) before you can activate it. Unconfirmed.
I think there's some typo stuff in the first sentence, so I'm not sure what that one means. But to the next part, if you're responding to me, yes exactly it's unconfirmed.

We're trying to find out. Seeking data.

That's why I said " I'm not really sure" [but here's a thought] to @3rror who has a greyed out FSD beta switch on 2023.12.l0.
And why I simply asked the questions of @604_Dialect : is the beta toggle switch active, and if so does the car already have FSD/autopilot mileage history?