Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta and HW4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I don't think it works. From what I read the MX and MS vehicle that have HW4 a lot of the functions don't work yet. FSDb is on older release so will not be installed on those.

Tesla tends to release hardware long before their software supports it.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
OK Thanks all. So likely, no HW4 FSDB for another 6 months? Still new to Tesla world, so no idea what to expect.

Thanks.

Osho
Nobody knows how long. We can only speculate. Everyone wants to know when HW4 will be coming to Model 3/Y and that's unknown as well. Nobody really knows when that will start.

In typical Tesla fashion the hardware change will likely occur first and then we will wait for software to play catch up.

Reactions: preilly44
So, have been hearing a lot of chatter about how great 11.4 (and 11.4.1) FSDb is. Does anyone know if this works for HW4?

Osho
How could anyone know this since NO ONE has it to test? Until it is actually released and someone with HW4 gets FSD Beta it will is an unknowable. Of course if not compatible it will take even longer to deduce it doesn't work.

TeslaFi shows both 2022.45.15 and 2023.12.10 as FSD Beta 11.3.6 — can that be right? 2023.7.5 is shown as Beta 11.4.1.
Yes they decided to take 11.3.6 to a wide release via 2023.12.10 (so cars post 2022.45.15 could get it, except for HW4). The 11.4.1 and later beta still has some regressions that need to be sorted.

TeslaFi shows both 2022.45.15 and 2023.12.10 as FSD Beta 11.3.6 — can that be right? 2023.7.5 is shown as Beta 11.4.1.
Think of the firmware as the operating system and FSDb as an application. There's no reason that Tesla couldn't release many versions of the firmware while not changing FSDb. In this case, I assume that Tesla wanted to get a new version of firmware out that allowed people to get back into the beta test, and they chose the most stable version of FSDb that they had to go with it. That's 11.3.6.

Not a Tesla App says hardware for shipping for Model Y.
For sources has following tweets:
Quote: This is revealed in the page source on Tesla's Model Y inventory page. A source also confirmed this with us.
Which links to:
Quote: Autopilot: AP HW4