Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly in a way this sorta exposes how inferior AI actually is and will be for years. Even a 4 year old would instantly identify it as an inflatable object and NOT a human or deer.
That 4 year old has the benefit of a billion years of evolution, though :)

I bet we'll have proper FSD that differentiates between blown up objects and real people before a billion years.

The pedestrian then realized the car was coming as well and yielded to them, which is of course wise. If there are people on here that yield and or stop on every right turn, then good for them. My experience is that pretty much no one I see driving does this.
To re-emphasize - the point is not yield/stop at every right turn - but yield/stop at right turn with a marked crosswalk and the walk light is green ! I definitely stop (or almost stop) at every such situation - esp if the junction is busy (which would generally be the case if there are traffic lights, marked cross walk, shopping complex etc). BUT, when I'm walking I always check to make sure there is no car trying to turn before I cross - because there are people who would not yield in such a situation (though rare in Seattle metro area).

Reactions: rxlawdude
For myself, and others like me that's the entire point of FSD for us. So that we don't have to torture ourselves over some mistake we made while driving. I wouldn't have seen this pedestrian because the box was blocking the view, and he was too far from the cross walk for me to see him before turning.

In this particular case I agree with you, but I also agree with Mike.

Lots of mistakes led to this situation:
Putting a box like that so close to the crosswalk.
The Pedestrian not realizing this big box was blocking anyone from seeing him,

This is indeed a failure of road designers, in that they actually created a blind spot that could have been avoided.

For myself, and others like me that's the entire point of FSD for us. So that we don't have to torture ourselves over some mistake we made while driving. I wouldn't have seen this pedestrian because the box was blocking the view, and he was too far from the cross walk for me to see him before turning.

You're not suggesting that driving on FSD Beta absolves the driver of feelings of guilt if the car hits someone? (I presume you mean the end goal at level 5 and you have absolutely no steering wheel, like an automated bus)

This is indeed a failure of road designers, in that they actually created a blind spot that could have been avoided.
If it's a blind spot, you don't drive around the corner blindly.

You're not suggesting that driving on FSD Beta absolves the driver of feelings of guilt if the car hits someone? (I presume you mean the end goal at level 5 and you have absolutely no steering wheel, like an automated bus)

I mean any kind of autonomous system that is L3 or better during the times which its autonomous.

If FSD never reaches a point that it takes responsibility for at least some portion of a drive then I would consider FSD to be a failure. At least for my needs.

Now that isn't to say there isn't value in L2 driver assistance systems like TACC/AEB/FCW/NoA/etc in that they can possibly act as a backup, but I would never rely on it. In fact it would lead me to being pissed at myself, and pissed at it.

@AlanSubie4Life I must have missed the inside joke. What's funny about Dirty Tesla? His videos that are posted here seem reasonable. Or is it that I've mentioned only one example?. There are others who have found fsd useful.

Sorry, can't help it. I just laugh maniacally whenever I think about @Daniel in SD not buying FSD when he had the chance to get it at the low low price of $2k.

Sorry, can't help it. I just laugh maniacally whenever I think about @Daniel in SD not buying FSD when he had the chance to get it at the low low price of $2k.
My only regret is not following my own advice :(
Help me decide if I buy FSD this weekend, or not! ONCE AND FOR ALL.
I'd definitely have enough money to pay full price when it's released.

@AlanSubie4Life I must have missed the inside joke. What's funny about Dirty Tesla? His videos that are posted here seem reasonable. Or is it that I've mentioned only one example?. There are others who have found fsd useful.
Obviously many people will enjoy using it. I thought the question was one of safety which obviously can't proven without a huge sample size (humans are way better drivers than people around here seem to think).

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life