Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys know when the FSD beta tester rollout will continue? heard its been paused for a little bit and I bought fsd before the price increase and wanted to try out the Beta so bad
49706916-1649-4475-B5EE-03DC73028DDF_1_101_o.jpeg

Do you guys know when the FSD beta tester rollout will continue? heard its been paused for a little bit and I bought fsd before the price increase and wanted to try out the Beta so bad View attachment 767395
They are getting recall after recall right now. Today they announced another. Until regulators get off their ass. I’m guessing the only software updates will be dealing with that rather than the beta. I’m at 3750 miles of a 99 score. So over this.

Reactions: tjkenny15
Upvote 0
Listen guys, I have had 100 for over 3 weeks. The FSD Beta Program has been trash. Luckily I got in when it was 8k, not the new 12k pricetag.

I've been 98 for a month straight, now sitting at 99 score. Bought before the 12k price and annoyed still no FSD Beta. This is some BS!
I'd advise you guys to look at the situation a bit differently. Some have the impression that the FSD Beta testers have received the product they paid for, while everyone else is getting the shaft in comparison. As someone who has FSD Beta, I promise you that that's not the case. This is 100% NOT a finished product - I'm essentially a non-paid public beta tester. I only use it when I'm alone and can give it my full attention. It's absolutely NOT in a state where it would be a useful and/or desirable feature for daily driving.

Now, if, like me, you think it's cool to test out bleeding-edge tech and follow its progress, then by all means, continue trying to get into the beta (and it does suck that the rollout has seemingly stopped). Otherwise - you're not missing much :)

Upvote 0
I'd advise you guys to look at the situation a bit differently. Some have the impression that the FSD Beta testers have received the product they paid for, while everyone else is getting the shaft in comparison. As someone who has FSD Beta, I promise you that that's not the case. This is 100% NOT a finished product - I'm essentially a non-paid public beta tester. I only use it when I'm alone and can give it my full attention. It's absolutely NOT in a state where it would be a useful and/or desirable feature for daily driving.

Now, if, like me, you think it's cool to test out bleeding-edge tech and follow its progress, then by all means, continue trying to get into the beta (and it does suck that the rollout has seemingly stopped). Otherwise - you're not missing much :)
Yea I feel like many tesla owners are techies and would love to experience the beta even though it is not a finished product, which is understood with the name beta behind it. It's just unfortunate you pay thousands of dollars and drive safely to maintain a good score and no roll out. Sucks.

Upvote 0
The problem is the perception people have. You spent money on FSD when you bought the car (or a subscription). Here is what you paid for (in the ordering page that you agreed to):

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change
Autopark
Summon
Full Self-Driving Computer
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Coming Soon
Autosteer on city streets

The FSD Beta (which is city streets) is NOT part of the FSD package you paid for (yet). So don't think that you paid money and are therefore entitled to be on the FSD Beta. You got what you paid for - the features above. The FSD Beta is a select group of people that Tesla has invited to help test the functionality that will eventually roll out to everyone who has purchased FSD with their car (or monthly subscription).

Initially it was only 1000 people invited - then upped to 3000 people. Then, around Christmas, they invited many more to around 60,000 people - based on safety criteria, and likely other criteria they have not shared (and are not obligated to share). They have paused (or possibly halted) the invitations for more FSD Beta testers, likely due to increased scrutiny from regulatory agencies. However, with 60,000 beta testers, rest assured they have a lot of data coming in on a variety of conditions.

Reactions: Yelobird and EVNow
Upvote 0
I got a subscription early in January and currently have a 98 score and have done probably over 1,000 miles. Still waiting. And the features I have now certainly aren't worth $199/month. Summon and autopark are party tricks. Stop sign and stoplight control don't do much for me - the chime 'bings' when the light turns green, not sure what else it's supposed to do. But I do like the Navigate on Autopilot a lot. Auto lane change works very well and my biggest concern with Autosteer seems to have been fixed. I never liked using AS in a lot of fast-moving traffic, as the car was so solidly planted in the center of the lane that if you were next to a truck, for example, and it started to drift a little in his own lane, my car would still stay planted in the center, even though it you were steering manually, you might also drift a bit over in your lane. Last night, it sure seemed like that's exactly what the car was doing - shifting over just a bit. I like that a lot. Feels like it's reacting more to conditions around the car. Now if it would just react to avoid potholes in the lane....

I want the beta really just to check it out. I don't see myself really using it since I really enjoying actually 'driving' the car.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Upvote 0

I agree with your perspective. I am tired of being stuck in an eternal test cycle where I have to drive like an old man. If I wanted to drive like this, I could have bought a Leaf and saved a lot of money. Haha

Reactions: dramsey
Upvote 0
The FSD Beta is a select group of people that Tesla has invited to help test the functionality that will eventually roll out to everyone who has purchased FSD with their car (or monthly subscription).

Initially it was only 1000 people invited - then upped to 3000 people. Then, around Christmas, they invited many more to around 60,000 people - based on safety criteria, and likely other criteria they have not shared (and are not obligated to share). They have paused (or possibly halted) the invitations for more FSD Beta testers, likely due to increased scrutiny from regulatory agencies. However, with 60,000 beta testers, rest assured they have a lot of data coming in on a variety of conditions.
Well, that's what we've inferred. It's not what Elon said. He very specifically said that everyone who pre-paid for FSD would automatically be included in the beta.

Upvote 0
Well, that's what we've inferred. It's not what Elon said. He very specifically said that everyone who pre-paid for FSD would automatically be included in the beta.
Elon says a lot of things that don't turn out to be true or accurate. I'm not defending him in any way, just observing that he does this. I think it sucks that we can't put more stock in his words, but this is his nature.

And no matter who is doing the posting, I don't think a post on Twitter can ever be seen as a legal commitment. :)

Upvote 0
Well, despite much Googling and tweet-revisiting, I can't back my assertion up with a citation. Does anyone else remember this, or am I mistaken?
Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers.
However they appear to have removed the blog post. The future is certain; it is only the past that is unpredictable.

Reactions: dramsey
Upvote 0
Yeah, and EAP pre-dates the existence of the FSDBeta, so that's kinda conflating two things.

(that said, they totes broke the EAP access promise- though it was only for the early buyers anyway not "everyone" who bought FSD ever)
Technically there is still kind of an early access for FSD owners. FSD buyers are always in the first wave for new updates (non FSD-beta). But "early access" being 24-48 hours before everyone else is kind of sh**y lol

Upvote 0