Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD does not use road speed limits recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD should takz into account / use speed lits suggestion signs (usually yellow signs) when approaching tight curves or section of road or while repairs are on-going.
that would make a lot of safety driving but they are currently complitely ignored and have been since day one

Plenty of discussion on this topic already, but to summarize, FSD should be able to determine based on its own judgement and knowledge (i.e. maps and vision) what an appropriate speed should be. While it may be true that it doesn't read and follow the recommendations on the signs (they are recommendations after all, not requirements), it's not accurate to say that FSD doesn't take sharp curves and other things into account. It certainly does slow down at times (even in the absence of yellow warning signs).

Does it do it well and comfortably? Well that's a whole other discussion.

Reactions: DrChaos
Mine slows down way too much, freaks out, and even crosses over the inside lane line from time to time. It also slows down, speeds up, slows down, speeds up while ping-ponging between the outside and the inside lane lines. I almost always need to press the accelerator to get my car to go around a curve at a normal speed, and even then, it sometimes runs wide at the exit and heads off the road. The FSD team needs to spend a day at a track school learning how to go through a corner smoothly and safely.

-Paul

Mine slows down way too much, freaks out, and even crosses over the inside lane line from time to time. It also slows down, speeds up, slows down, speeds up while ping-ponging between the outside and the inside lane lines. I almost always need to press the accelerator to get my car to go around a curve at a normal speed, and even then, it sometimes runs wide at the exit and heads off the road. The FSD team needs to spend a day at a track school learning how to go through a corner smoothly and safely.

-Paul
Never had it do anything you described

Reactions: JB47394 and KArnold
Never had it do anything you described

Hopefully it’s just this 2020 MY. I’ve had a 2023 MYP incoming for about a month now that the FSD will transfer to. Fingers crossed that it will be much better. As a side note, recently the AP sometimes cuts out completely and returns no information on the screen about cars around me, or stop lights/stop signs. It happens at random and I lose AP when it cuts out. Tesla tested all my cameras and said they were all within specs and that “it will be fixed with an over the air update”.

-Paul

Hopefully it’s just this 2020 MY. I’ve had a 2023 MYP incoming for about a month now that the FSD will transfer to. Fingers crossed that it will be much better. As a side note, recently the AP sometimes cuts out completely and returns no information on the screen about cars around me, or stop lights/stop signs. It happens at random and I lose AP when it cuts out. Tesla tested all my cameras and said they were all within specs and that “it will be fixed with an over the air update”.

-Paul
Well technically autopilot isn’t designed for stop lights so that might be your issue. Only FSD beta. Never had an issue on my 2020 MYP either.