Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Doesn't actually stop at stopsigns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please let me know if this is only my car or just standard behaviour.
This is referring to situations when the car is NOT "creeping forward for visibility"

Whenever the car approaches a stop sign, it will always very abruptly slow down about a car length or so from the stopsign
continue decreasing speed but now going at a painfully slow pace
And (heres the kicker) then when it reaches the appropriate point at the sign it will allllmost stop,
But an instant before it should stop, it will accelerate and continue through the intersection, never actually making a full legal stop, and essentially runs the stop sign

This is the way it behaves every time

A couple other threads on this topic:

This is referring to situations when the car is NOT "creeping forward for visibility"

Whenever the car approaches a stop sign, it will always very abruptly slow down about a car length or so from the stopsign
continue decreasing speed but now going at a painfully slow pace
And (heres the kicker) then when it reaches the appropriate point at the sign it will allllmost stop,
But an instant before it should stop, it will accelerate and continue through the intersection, never actually making a full legal stop, and essentially runs the stop sign

This is the way it behaves every time

it's standard behavior.

My car does similar things at some, but not all stop signs. Seems to be worse in residential areas. Sometimes it stops a couple car lengths early then roceeds through the stop sign without stopping again. Other times, it creeps up to the stop sign very slowly and may, or may not stop again.

A couple other threads on this topic:

I looked at both of those before posting. Neither is the same topic as I am describing.

Innone of those cases the car doesn't slow down at all, and the other talks about the car going slow through the intersection. My situation is about the way the car slows down before it enters the intersection.

My car does similar things at some, but not all stop signs. Seems to be worse in residential areas. Sometimes it stops a couple car lengths early then roceeds through the stop sign without stopping again. Other times, it creeps up to the stop sign very slowly and may, or may not stop again.
But when it stops again, does it actually stop or does it do a "rolling stop"

We've been FSD beta testers for a long time, and seldom, if ever, has our car made a true full stop at a stop sign. I'm very anal about making full stops at stop signs, and this is frustrating, as well as unlawful. Very few drivers actually stop at stop signs, right? I've sent emails to the Tesla FSD beta team begging them to fix this.