Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Free trial for 12 weeks

For those on the free trial, do you think you will purchase/subscribe to FSD after your trial ends?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, but I would purchase EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) if it was available

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People talk about it being better in the US. It isn't. It has the odd extra feature but the performance is just as bad over there.

But country boy, comments such as this thread on FSD are not far to find. Only the die hard Tesla fans think its worth anything approaching the price at the moment.

Can confirm , collected on the 31st. I have used autopark today. Summon is also available through the app (havent dared to try it yet) might have to test in an empty car park! Also had a faulty passenger camera, seems to be a recurring theme.... booked in for a service

Has anyone in the UK got the free FSD trial?

Yes, I seem to have it on my LR picked up on the 30th. Along with free supercharging for a year - which will appear later this month on top of the 1,000 miles free that I already have.

FSD is not a feature I intend using. The adaptive cruise control as part of the included autopilot is good, but the self driving part (lane assist) doesn't feel quite right - it feels too far over to the left of the lane when passing other cars. So FSD, which is a step further, would not appeal. Also my cameras are constantly fogging up and I get the 'camera blocked or blinded' message every few minutes.

On the upside, the car is great to drive. No complaints. :)

Got the free trial on my MS collected on 30/12.
Probably won't get a chance to really try it in the next 3 months.
I'll be interested to see what the options are at the end, if it's only pay in full I won't go for it, it isn't worth it for a lease car , if it is available on a subscription I might be interested but realistically for me it is worth less than £100 pm.
I can't honestly see me using the FSD functions, however the parking and summon would be useful although my experience so far of the parking is that it is limited and too slow to use in a busy car park.
If they go with subscription, I assume you will have to sign up for a year or so, if not it might be useful to purchase a month if I were planning to drive through France or something.

People talk about it being better in the US. It isn't. It has the odd extra feature but the performance is just as bad over there.

But country boy, comments such as this thread on FSD are not far to find. Only the die hard Tesla fans think its worth anything approaching the price at the moment.
FSD might be pretty much the same but I think on average the roads are more suited to it. That is where it was developed after all. The long long highways between cities no doubt work much better than our crowded motorways with a curtain sider every 500meters. Maybe less bridges to cast shadows out there in the middle of nowhere as well? It also works pretty well in traffic jams so good for LA too. Also no roundabouts.

FSD might be pretty much the same but I think on average the roads are more suited to it. That is where it was developed after all. The long long highways between cities no doubt work much better than our crowded motorways with a curtain sider every 500meters. Maybe less bridges to cast shadows out there in the middle of nowhere as well? It also works pretty well in traffic jams so good for LA too. Also no roundabouts.

I think you're right, the point I was trying to make was people lobby for it to deregulated in the UK as if they're missing out on something that would solve, whereas its the actual roads in the US which seem to make it better, not the software as such. They do have the odd extra feature (steering can turn a slightly tighter corner, no need to confirm a lane change, and you summon across car parks) but the nuts and bolts are the same.

I drove to Italy in an AP1 car on quiet, straight roads and it was a doddle - that's a generation of technology behind what we have today and you didn't really need anymore for that type of road. Got back to Blighty and the M25 was madness and the only way to drive was manually.