Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD free trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My trial ends this week and I only ended up using FSD for a couple drives because of the removal of the double-click activation option. All of my commutes are at least 50% roads where FSD doesn't work. Either the roads have lots of potholes and FSD tries to hit them all or the FSD won't go faster than ~40 mph unless I hold down the accelerator the whole time (the roads are 55 mph with no posted speed limit sign and the car picks 30 mph as the speed limit). I thought it worked pretty well in other situations, but forcing me to choose between cruise control and FSD before starting each drive made me just use cruise control all the time.

I gave in and tried FSD a few times and confirmed I dodged a $12k bullet. If it is much improved now can only imagine how bad it was before. On top of that they gave me a strike for precisely no good reason.

I find the fsd display way too cluttered. Also, my USS car got vision and its a total downgrade.

After a 60-day wait on 2024.8.9 I just got updated to 14.9 and the v12 FSD email came along as it finished.

I was currently on a 3-month FSD v11 subscription paid for with referral credits….2023 Model X LR 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 2
I received 2024.14.8 a week ago which was 12.3.6. I did not receive an email nor was my monthly subscription updated to reflect the free month. Today I received 2023.14.9 which showed “minor updates” as the software release.

A few minutes later I did receive and email with my free trial period and my renewal date extended.

Just an update for others in the same boat.

Reactions: NJturtlePower