Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD free trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. Something I'm pretty sure I won't be doing. If I was paying a chauffeur 12K and had to keep a constant eye on him and be ready to take over, it wouldn't be worth the outlay. The only time this becomes viable for me is when I can remove the steering wheel.

I'd consider it if it was at least as safe on the freeway as me driving and it was legal to allow it to drive autonomously without paying any attention. Taking a snooze on a road trip at night would justify the expense to me, especially if it's saving money on airfare.

That said, I'll wait for the price to come down. The assertion that FSD will become more expensive over time is absurd, because that's not what technology does.

We have two Tesla's in household. Curious if others with more that one vehicle received FSD trial for both? Sorry I haven't gone through all comments if it's been confirmed.

My 2022 Model 3 which is the first we had and it got FSD trial almost immediately. The second is my wife's 2023 Model Y and she's on 2024.8.7 and no FSD up to today.

My friend also has two Tesla's on his account and their 2022 Model Y(their first car on account) received FSD trial and their second vehicle is a 2021 Model 3 still has not received FSD.

Maybe it's just coincidence but thought possibly FSD trial was limited to 1 per account.

We have two Tesla's in household. Curious if others with more that one vehicle received FSD trial for both? Sorry I haven't gone through all comments if it's been confirmed.

My 2022 Model 3 which is the first we had and it got FSD trial almost immediately. The second is my wife's 2023 Model Y and she's on 2024.8.7 and no FSD up to today.

My friend also has two Tesla's on his account and their 2022 Model Y(their first car on account) received FSD trial and their second vehicle is a 2021 Model 3 still has not received FSD.

Maybe it's just coincidence but thought possibly FSD trial was limited to 1 per account.
Any Tesla that’s on 2024.8.x has not gotten the FSD trial yet. We have to wait until Tesla merges the FSD 12.x code into version later than 2024.8.

I too am a little confused by the software requirements for the FSD trial download. My 2020 M3 went from version 2024.2.X to 2024.8.x bypassing the "required" software version 2024.3.6 or 2024.3.10 as described in this link: How to Enjoy Your One Month Free Trial of Tesla's Full Self-Driving (FSD), Including Current Subscribers
Will I be offered the trial? Hard to know. As it looks like my vehicle bypassed the "required" software version, it's suggested I will not be offered that trial. I won't be purchasing the upgrade until I trial and find it useful.

We have a 2023 Tesla Model S that was purchased in May 2023. Love the CAR!

We currently are on software release 2024.8.9 and have yet to receive the 30-day free trial FSD (Supervised) notice- email. I would like to try FSD again before doing the $99 monthly rental. Does anyone have a Tesla S 2023 that has received and updated to the trial FSD. If so when and how pleased are you!

Thanks

No joy for any of us on the 2024.8.* software update yet. I've still got v11.1 and if I were to subscribe to FSD, I wonder if they would update me to v12.* right away. Not willing to spend the $99 to find out.
My MY has 2024.8.9 never received FREE FSD trial, yesterday after finding out “Deal” I subscribed to paid $99.00/month FSD. I am still on 11.4.9 FSD version and it did not update to V12 of FSD.

Whenever they will release v12 for 2024.8 version I will get FREE one month trial (they won’t bill me for a month) even when I’m on active subscription.

Reactions: ragweedd
My MY has 2024.8.9 never received FREE FSD trial, yesterday after finding out “Deal” I subscribed to paid $99.00/month FSD. I am still on 11.4.9 FSD version and it did not update to V12 of FSD.

Whenever they will release v12 for 2024.8 version I will get FREE one month trial (they won’t bill me for a month) even when I’m on active subscription.
Thanks for the update on your version of FSD - I think I'll still wait until my car shows at least version 12.* to subscribe.
Keep us posted on how well you like 11.4.9 version.

Thanks for the update on your version of FSD - I think I'll still wait until my car shows at least version 12.* to subscribe.
Keep us posted on how well you like 11.4.9 version.
It’s not as pleasant experience I would like to have but good on Freeways. On local street lanes, it almost crashed twice and phantom breaked few times in middle of the intersection.

We have a 2023 Tesla Model S that was purchased in May 2023. Love the CAR!

We currently are on software release 2024.8.9 and have yet to receive the 30-day free trial FSD (Supervised) notice- email. I would like to try FSD again before doing the $99 monthly rental. Does anyone have a Tesla S 2023 that has received and updated to the trial FSD. If so when and how pleased are you!

Thanks
My brother received the FSD Trial the first weekend it was available for download. He is driving a 2022 refresh MS, we are located in Canada and he loves it. He will be subscribing. We are still waiting for the FSD trial, we are running 2024.8.9 branch, 2020 MX long range. Our son in California purchased FSD when he purchased his 2020 MS and he is also waiting for the FSD V12 update. I will be waiting for V12 based on our experience with V11 in our son's MS.