Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD must go to Tesla service center to activate? No other way?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was very upset to find out that after patiently waited for 4 days and been promised my purchased FSD was going to be pushed thru my car and activate it on its own, and that was the answer from 3 reps.
Today, I called again given its almost mid Monday. Yet the story completely turned, they now absolutely require and NO mobile service either to come to my nearest official Tesla service center to activate, and its not an very fast tasks for service center so I must arrive hours before they close as I have to take almost half day off to get this done!!!
Very dissappointed, and never heard that a FSD must activate and takes hours to activate at service center.

Adding salt to the injury I bought the car 2 wks ago, and took delivery last week, the autopilot was never activated either despite since the moment I bought the car the autopilot was listed as standard option on my account, and even the delivery team told me during pick up the autopilot should push to me and activate after 50 miles driven. I am now 200 miles driven.

Any other thoughts or suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance!
So I called Tesla service center again. This time calls routed to South Carolina and a great rep picked up. She said it's gotta be the software and very unlikely I need to go to service center. The key is she will forward the request directly to Tesla firmware team. And both my ap and fsd package should be activated after 3 days. She sounds very much experienced and confident