Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this in the S thread and checked my account. I have EAP and did not take up the previous special of CDN$2,400 for FSD when it was on sale. The price then went up to $7,900 and was showing in my account at $7,900 for quite a while.

I just checked my account and FSD has dropped to CDN$4,000. Hmmmm.?

• Informative
Reactions: Techniques
Just noticed this in the S thread and checked my account. I have EAP and did not take up the previous special of CDN$2,400 for FSD when it was on sale. The price then went up to $7,900 and was showing in my account at $7,900 for quite a while.

Hmmmm indeed, just saw that too. It's interesting because there was chat on twitter suggesting Elon make FSD a referral prize. My luck, I pull the trigger and buy it at 4k, then it will get offered as a prize.

Model 3 here and still shows $7,900 for FSD.

I bought my M3 in April with no Autopilot or any additional software upgrades thinking I would add later. I have since bought and received
the AP upgrade and love it. Does anyone know if I am eligible for the the reduced price for the Full Self Drive software? It still says it costs $7900 in my account. Thanks.

I bought my M3 in April with no Autopilot or any additional software upgrades thinking I would add later. I have since bought and received
the AP upgrade and love it. Does anyone know if I am eligible for the the reduced price for the Full Self Drive software? It still says it costs $7900 in my account. Thanks.
Do you have AP or EAP? If you bought EAP (do you have summon and NoA enabled?), You should be eligible for the new price for FSD?

No, I just upgraded to the Autopilot. I might be in some grey area as it was around the time the EAP was taken away and the Autopilot was included in the new cars. I paid $4000 for the upgrade and to add $8000 to upgrade to FSD means the whole thing will have cost me $12,000!

No, I just upgraded to the Autopilot. I might be in some grey area as it was around the time the EAP was taken away and the Autopilot was included in the new cars. I paid $4000 for the upgrade and to add $8000 to upgrade to FSD means the whole thing will have cost me $12,000!
Yeah, sorry I don't think it will matter. The reason the price is cheaper for those with EAP is EAP has features removed from regular AP and added to FSD. So going from AP to FSD you are adding more features than EAP to FSD. Hence EAP to FSD costs less...

Brought basic AP when it was on sale, to get the FSD, it would cost additional $4600 if my memory served. No regret there. In reality, I don't need it, but if the price dropped to CAD$4000 to upgrade to FDS, I would probably go with it.

On a side note, with just basic AP, the long commute in 401 during rush hour seems to be shorter and actually not as tiresome and boring as before, though I seldom needs to drive in rush hour. So relaxing, thanks Tesla.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
It's actually not a discount. They just fixed the price. This is the price for those with EAP. I also would expect the price to go up by 1000USD mid august. (to 4000USD for those with EAP to match the increase of those that did not have EAP.

That's correct, but I keep hearing people talking about it as if it's a limited time deal.

Now maybe that has to do with the pending $1K price increase, and it will go down just like you figure.

But, my understanding is the price increase in August is going to coincide with the release of enhanced summons, but EAP people get enhanced summons as it was part of the EAP package.

So EAP people will have no additional reason to get FSD then.

Hopefully Tesla will simply leave the $3K upgrade price alone. At least until FSD people actually get something that EAP people don't get.

Tesla really doesn't want EAP people because it's a weird in-between area. More advanced than you really want for HW2/HW2.5, but not as advanced as HW3 is really meant for.

So it's in Tesla's best interest to keep the price differential low to remove EAP from existence.

how would i be able to determine that? i am pretty sure it is standard autopilot...

Did you pay for Autopilot or was it included when you bought the car?

Also, do you have navigate on autopilot, can you summon your car, and does it have auto parking? Those are all features that were included with EAP, but removed from AP and added to FSD.

Waiting till Tesla has a FSD 'sale', or needs to bump up revenue one month by lowering the FSD add on price. I think they are losing out on a lot of potential upgrades if the price was actually more reasonable. If it was around $4K instead of $8k, I and many others would get it in a heart beat! Lets face it, FSD is just a fancy upgrade toy and not 'needed' to drive/use the car.