Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD refund within 48hr - can I rebuy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just upgraded from EAP to FSD for $2k in the Tesla app.

If I cancel and get a refund, can I still buy it again for $2k again in the future?

The FAQ says refund can be given ONE TIME. So I’m assuming I can rebuy but just won’t have the option for a refund within 48h.

Anyone have experience with this scenario?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: father_of_6

I still have the option to get a refund. I was thinking of doing FSD transfer to a new car. Now I’m not so sure.

If I cancel and get a refund, can I still buy it again for $2k again in the future?

The FAQ says refund can be given ONE TIME. So I’m assuming I can rebuy but just won’t have the option for a refund within 48h.

Thanks!
If you buy a new Tesla without having FSD to transfer then you will have to pay the full price of $8k (or subscribe). You will only have standard AP on the new Tesla. EAP is not transferable and no longer available anyway.

If you buy a new Tesla without having FSD to transfer then you will have to pay the full price of $8k (or subscribe). You will only have standard AP on the new Tesla. EAP is not transferable and no longer available anyway.
Let me edit my original post. I understand all that.

My question really is.. if I cancel EAP->FSD UPGRADE on my Model 3 and get my 2k refunded on

Do I still have the option upgrade again for 2k (on the same Model 3) if I change my mind in the future. ?

Thanks!

You are making the assumption that it will be $2k in the future. That's not a valid assumption.

And if you haven't noticed, EAP is basically deprecated, no longer sold. I wouldn't expect much, if any updates to it.

I believe the answer is yes. I don't see why they would keep you from buying it in the future if you changed your mind. It's possible the price could change in the future but that is a different question.

For what is worth, I ordered the acceleration boost and canceled within 48 hours and got my $2,000 back. Then sometime later I ordered it again and kept it.

I believe the answer is yes. I don't see why they would keep you from buying it in the future if you changed your mind. It's possible the price could change in the future but that is a different question.

For what is worth, I ordered the acceleration boost and canceled within 48 hours and got my $2,000 back. Then sometime later I ordered it again and kept it.
Thanks! This helps.

How long did the refund take?

You are taking a risk. As FSD improves, your cost will increase. It is more likely you will never get the option again at $2k. Tesla does not “ maintain offers” for the future.

$2k is a bargain for FSD in its current state. Take it if you want to.
Some weird takes here. As very recent price changes show, it's not a likely assumption it will cost more unless they actually hit L3 (still multiple years away IMO.)

$2k would be a bargain for FSD but he's already spent $6k for EAP. I would stick with EAP and save the cash as it still needs a ton of supervision/intervention.

too much fomo on my part right now.

I’m eager to order the car, but still holding out for updates to the model s

Since you appear to have an aging Model 3, you should test drive the new 2024 model 3. It drives very nicely, imo better than the redesigned model S. It sits a bit lower than the Model S, but is a much smoother car than the old model 3. And you can transfer the software for the next couple months for free.

It does not have air suspension like the model S has, but I doubt there will be major upgrades to the model s since it was updated in 2022.

Seems like a like a lot of answers here that avoid your original question.

I haven't done it personally, but from my reading way too much on the forum it's exactly as @cusetownusa described.

They'll only refund it once, so your second purchase would be final. As others have already pointed out, there's no guarantee that the price will remain the same.