Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted in another thread that my Model Y randomly tried to change to a right hand turn only lane when it should have stayed in the left lane and gone straight across an intersection. I had to take over. Never had that with prior versions of FSD. Will not be testing this version anymore until the next upgrade. Yes I want to help with beta testing but no I do not want to cause an accident!

Upvote 0
I posted in another thread that my Model Y randomly tried to change to a right hand turn only lane when it should have stayed in the left lane and gone straight across an intersection. I had to take over. Never had that with prior versions of FSD. Will not be testing this version anymore until the next upgrade. Yes I want to help with beta testing but no I do not want to cause an accident!

Irrational lane selection has been with me since I first got FSD beta in 10/2021 (10.2).

Learning which route would yield a perfect lane selection and which not is possible.

If Tesla doesn't change its philosophy, I don't think a brand new and more powerful HW4, HW5, or HW5005... will fix this problem.

The issue is generalized FSD. It doesn't need HD map preparation in advance to know that there's a concrete partition in Mountain View or, in your case, it's in the wrong lane for the route.

You were lucky that you didn't experience such an event until now. It's a potential ticket bait for reckless driving if a cop is behind you.

Reactions: dbldwn02
Upvote 1
I just assume it's going to pick the turn lanes for my normal drive to work. Shouldn't be too hard for it to realize it's a two lane road with turn lanes.

Upvote 0
I see 10.69.25.2 as a regression. It sees a bus stop as a driving lane and always turns into the bus stop instead of continuing straight on it’s one lane In a two lane divided road

Attachments

• ECB207A9-B987-4B93-9800-D29FD51D2F8A.jpeg
    ECB207A9-B987-4B93-9800-D29FD51D2F8A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Upvote 1
Any reason to delay updating to fsd 10.69.25.2? what features got better? and which features are lost or degraded?
Should have waited and not installed the 10.69.25.2. The car is so erratic in picking lane. Hesitant to turn. switches lane to bus stop instead of maintains the only one lane that proceeds straight. Wishing Tesla has a downgrade options for the fsd so you can go back to a previous beta if the new one is worse.

Reactions: cbdoc
Upvote 0
Did you request camera replacements? MCU2 replacement, HW3 and finally camera replacements each had to be dogged with service until they finally completed all of them. Then finally received FSD just before Christmas. Keep bugging service until you get it!!!!
All good...I have it now. Shouldn't have taken over a year to get cameras. Also, shouldn't have had to keep my car for two days to do it...but whatever, I finally have FSD-b.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Upvote 0
Should have waited and not installed the 10.69.25.2. The car is so erratic in picking lane. Hesitant to turn. switches lane to bus stop instead of maintains the only one lane that proceeds straight. Wishing Tesla has a downgrade options for the fsd so you can go back to a previous beta if the new one is worse.
I've completely stopped using FSDb since 25.2. Very unpredictable and massive regression.

Reactions: 2101Guy and Aayyo
Upvote 0