Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD upgrade option disappeared from My Account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm bitter about it as I only got my car 2 weeks ago :(

The writing was already on the wall at that point.

I ordered mine a week ago and based on the tweets about FSD features coming soon it seemed logical to lock it in.

If I had been taking delivery two weeks ago I think I would still have had them add FSD even though the order may have been placed some time ago.

I do sympathise though and I suspect there may still be some kind of 'deal' aroud the release of the FSD specific features...

The writing was already on the wall at that point.

I ordered mine a week ago and based on the tweets about FSD features coming soon it seemed logical to lock it in.

If I had been taking delivery two weeks ago I think I would still have had them add FSD even though the order may have been placed some time ago.

I do sympathise though and I suspect there may still be some kind of 'deal' aroud the release of the FSD specific features...
My order was placed in early March...

Well I'm bitter about it as I only got my car 2 weeks ago :(

IF this is your first Tesla you'll learn you have little to be bitter about. Many ordered and received their cars right before pre-AP1 and found out a 2 weeks later that AP1 was now available but not retrofittable. Many ordered/received their AP1 cars only to find out EAP (AP2 w/FSD) was being delivered but not retrofittable to their AP1 cars. Many ordered a S90D / X90D and before delivery found out a 100D option was available but not retrofittable. Many took delivery of their MCU1 cars to find out cars being delivered the next day had MCU2 and (probably not retrofittable)

You still have the option to add FSD if you choose. Having a choice even at $1k difference it nothing compared to those who came before you and had no options but to live with the car as ordered and delivered.

A very valid point @boondocks! I've had MCU2 (and not forgetting lighted vanity mirrors) added since I put my deposit down. I'm extremely happy about that. :D
Back to my original reason for the post. I still don't have the FSD upgrade option available anymore (despite the cost hike). Kinda weird as I thought this would have been related to the web upgrades yesterday.

I placed my order five days ago and during the last day of my change window my OA strongly advised me against getting the FSD option stating that we don’t know when it would be available. When I mentioned the V9 update in August is supposed to include FSD features she didn’t acknowledge it and said it could be years before FSD was ready. Unfortunately I took her advise instead of listening to my gut. Now two days later, the after delivery price for FSD increases by $1000 (maybe in anticipation of a sudden and dramatic increase in demand?). Is it just me or does the OA’s actions seem just a little bit shady?

I placed my order five days ago and during the last day of my change window my OA strongly advised me against getting the FSD option stating that we don’t know when it would be available. When I mentioned the V9 update in August is supposed to include FSD features she didn’t acknowledge it and said it could be years before FSD was ready. Unfortunately I took her advise instead of listening to my gut. Now two days later, the after delivery price for FSD increases by $1000 (maybe in anticipation of a sudden and dramatic increase in demand?). Is it just me or does the OA’s actions seem just a little bit shady?

I wouldn’t blame your OA. What she said is honestly what 99.9% of people here think. I’m not even sure she knew about the price change.

You can find many many more people here upset about the opposite — that they wish they didn’t prepurchase FSD.

Reactions: KyleDay and croman

And honestly I bet they didn't know. At companies now, the only way something is secret is if it is a secret. As seen by how fast Elon emails get posted, they wouldn't tell anyone of a change they didn't want 100% public.

It’s really missing for all of us. I paid for FSD with my car and haven’t seen a thing since;)
I had both available to me before I purchased EAP well after delivery. Now on my manage account I only see FSD. Makes me to believe you will see only options that can be added to your vehicle. Considering you already paid for FSD, the option to purchase would not be there.

Well... My FSD package on my Tesla account has increased its price to $5000. :/ I'm not sure what Tesla is doing. Are they bluffing their FSD technology to raise more capitals? It took Tesla 2 years to catch up to Mobileye after they broke up with it. I don't buy the FSD technology until I see it myself. Hey Tesla, if and when your FSD really work. Give us Tesla owners a free trial. Then we will flop down the money for it.

Well... My FSD package on my Tesla account has increased its price to $5000. :/ I'm not sure what Tesla is doing. Are they bluffing their FSD technology to raise more capitals? It took Tesla 2 years to catch up to Mobileye after they broke up with it. I don't buy the FSD technology until I see it myself. Hey Tesla, if and when your FSD really work. Give us Tesla owners a free trial. Then we will flop down the money for it.

Many who have escalated this observation got an explanation that it's unintentional -- for existing customers, the price is still $4000 after-delivery. For those who buy now and pay $5000, Tesla said they would refund it later.

Bump!

The upgrade page link in my account leads to the referral page. Anyone else have that problem with their AP2.0 car?
No problem with mine, they still want 10k for AP+FSD

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 10.25.16 AM.png