Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD very far away due to regulations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not opt out of the EAP class action lawsuit, BUT if there is one started for those of us that pre-paid for FSD on our HW2.0 cars I may very well opt out of that one and make my own claim. I will not accept a couple of hundred dollars in leu of FSD if that's what it comes down to.

I agree in regard to money amounts.. Everyone that returns or sells a FSD purchased vehicle after 3 years of ownership I think they are entitled to a full refund plus interest.

Agreed. Optimist and pessimist may not be best words to describe those. Confidence and fear out of ignorance may be better descriptions. Some accuse Elon of hyping things up but he says those things he could see thing through and are confident of it. So are pilots when they are ones who know how these will work out. Those shouting the sky will fall were only out of ignorance. It's easy to think things will fail when you have no ides how it could work.

Out of ignorance? wasn't Tesla sued for not delivering EAP anywhere remotely close to the timetable Elon gave? Which was exactly what people were saying? How can you have such blind faith in a mortal man?

Last edited:
Your only argument is someone got sued? If that's not ignorance I don't know what is.

Another example. It was said there were only three people in the entire world who understood the relativity theory when Einstein first proposed it. Of the billions of people who did not understand it how many you think came out to say it's a complete bs? I can imagine there were plenty. Anything is open to criticism but those who are not at that level better keep their mouth shut instead to reveal their stupidity.

Your only argument is someone got sued? If that's not ignorance I don't know what is.

Another example. It was said there were only three people in the entire world who understood the relativity theory when Einstein first proposed it. Of the billions of people who did not understand it how many you think came out to say it's a complete bs? I can imagine there were plenty. Anything is open to criticism but those who are not at that level better keep their mouth shut instead to reveal their stupidity.

No my argument is Elon track record and his obvious lies. Not just the lie about EAP in 3 months during the OCT conference when no one single shred of code had been written. He does it for fame, hype and to sell cars. Think about the billion of dollars of FREE media coverage he has had on the FSD bs and how many people believe him. I run into ppl in the real world all the time who fully believe that tesla are driverless. Because they read an article. He knows exactly what he's doing. He doesn't care that he's lying. It keeps him in the news and gives the impression that he's ahead and the laymen naively think the cars are already driverless. So if it takes him 10 years. It doesn't matter because he's had 10 years of media coverage of tesla being #1 in autonomous cars for free. So he will keep extending it every year till he eventually does it because he knows its free advertisement and because he knows ppl like you will defend him till the very end. Next year, its gonna be 'end of 2021'

2/19: end of 2020
1/19: end of 2019
11/18: end of 2019
3/17: mid-2019
6/16: before mid-2018
1/16: early 2018
12/15: end of 2017

No my argument is Elon track record and his obvious lies. Not just the lie about EAP in 3 months during the OCT conference when no one single shred of code had been written. He does it for fame, hype and to sell cars. Think about the billion of dollars of FREE media coverage he has had on the FSD bs and how many people believe him. I run into ppl in the real world all the time who fully believe that tesla are driverless. Because they read an article. He knows exactly what he's doing. He doesn't care that he's lying. It keeps him in the news and gives the impression that he's ahead and the laymen naively think the cars are already driverless. So if it takes him 10 years. It doesn't matter because he's had 10 years of media coverage of tesla being #1 in autonomous cars for free. So he will keep extending it every year till he eventually does it because he knows its free advertisement and because he knows ppl like you will defend him till the very end. Next year, its gonna be 'end of 2021'

2/19: end of 2020
1/19: end of 2019
11/18: end of 2019
3/17: mid-2019
6/16: before mid-2018
1/16: early 2018
12/15: end of 2017

He's trail blazing and all you could do is to drivel on some artificial timeline? Elon has achieved pretty much everything he set out to do other than when. That's understandable. Those are things no one has ever done before. You just have to learn as you go. Tell me what are most challenging tasks you've ever taken? Yeah I thought so.

wasn't Tesla sued for not delivering EAP anywhere remotely close to the timetable Elon gave?
If you are referring to the settled class action suit, that was related to the lack of features that occured when AP1 was dropped and AP2 was installed. AP1 has features that AP2 didn't initally, so people did not get what they were expecting/paying for during that time period. Had MobilEye not stopped supplying Tesla with parts, it would not have happened.

Not sure why people are tying Elon to the recent Open AI announcement, he already said he hasn't been involved with it for a year or so...
To clarify, I’ve not been involved closely with OpenAI for over a year & don’t have mgmt or board oversight
Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: CarlK
Releasing research tool is NOT a PRODUCT! A product is something you call sell, market and make money or create revenues off of. I'm not surprised that you are also trying to warp the definition of what a product is. The very reason Google sold Boston Dynamics is because they couldn't productize in the short term.

Publishing research is NOT a product. Releasing research tool is NOT a product. Every single research team in every university, private or public company and even individuals do that.

DeepMind unlike OpenAI is not a publicity stunt. Their research achievements are actually used in Google's products. DeepMind research lead to the creation of Google's Night Sight to WaveNet being applied to Google's Voice Assistant (TTS and V2T) and an evolution of WaveNet being used to create Google Duplex Or DeepMind's research being applied to Waymo's SDC. I could go on all day and list countless DeepMind's research that have DIRECTLY lead to actual PRODUCTS.

Name us one from OpenAI? Just one!

Huh?

OpenAI is a non-profit research group.

There is no PRODUCT. They simply release tools, demo's, etc.

I see it similar to other non-profit, open-source efforts. Hence all the backlash anytime they withhold anything.

I've visited tesla homepage and have been shocked...

We again can order a new car with FSD but with a new definition.
I especially like the word "Really" and timeframes for traffic lights and city streets.
And they specialy emphasize that FSD is not autonomous driving!

When did they change the description?
FSD_decription.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
which EAP features do we keep?
I've just searched the tweet: Elon Musk on Twitter
Everyone who bought Enhanced Autopilot will get Navigate on Autopilot on highways, advanced summon & autopark
But this is not exactly an answer for the question! What's about nags on highways?
And most difficult question! Is the Elon's tweet a contract between Tesla and me (under Mars law)?
I remember his promiss of sentry mode for AP2+ hardware...

Everyone who bought Enhanced Autopilot will get Navigate on Autopilot on highways, advanced summon & autopark
But this is not exactly an answer for the question! What's about nags on highways?
And most difficult question! Is the Elon's tweet a contract between Tesla and me (under Mars law)?

You'll get the features as they exist. NoA (sans nags), AdvSummon, and AutoPark will be enabled on pre-now EAP enabled cars (that paid the higher price).

On new cars: for 3k you get adaptive cruise control, for $8k you get everything, when it exists.

To me, he is basically stating that EAP has already been delivered. NoA is the promised "on-ramp to off-ramp" despite falling far short of that promise. Advanced Summon is Summon, as it already exists. Autopark means parallel and perpendicular parking, as they already exist. They are saying they don't owe anything more to EAP purchasers than what they already have.

In other words, "we're going to realize the revenue on our books now and good luck suing us kthxbye!"

• Love
Reactions: Inside and lunitiks
You'll get the features asif they exist.

for $8k you get everything, whenif it exists.

FTFY.
Ha, ha :rolleyes:
We both know providing something requires the thing you are providing to exist.
Further, "as they exist" was meant to convey there would not be an grandfathered EAP version with nags versus a post now FSD version of NoA (without nags). You get the option as it is...

To me, he is basically stating that EAP has already been delivered. NoA is the promised "on-ramp to off-ramp" despite falling far short of that promise.

Realizing it will keep improving (Match 15th update in the short term), what features do you need to see?

Advanced Summon is Summon, as it already exists.
No, Adv Summon finds you in a car, this should be in the March 15th release also, so we can see how it works then.

Autopark means parallel and perpendicular parking, as they already exist.
It may also be the car finding a spot (reverse of advanced summon).

They are saying they don't owe anything more to EAP purchasers than what they already have.
No, they are not claiming what they have already (functionality wise) have meets the original intent. They are saying theses features are part of the original EAP suite, and you will get them, including the updates for them.

Beyond the level of functionality (which they are improving), what feature group(s) are they missing?
Enhanced Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot adds these new capabilities to the Tesla Autopilot driving experience. Your Tesla will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and be summoned to and from your garage.

Realizing it will keep improving (Match 15th update in the short term), what features do you need to see?

On-ramp to off-ramp without driver input. NoA is quite far from this state; it doesn't handle on-ramps at all and its off-ramp support is downright scary, and clearly it doesn't do anything without driver input. EAP was originally implied to be a highway L3 system.

Advanced summon includes the car turning corners as needed, for example in a curved driveway. This implies that it needs to operate unsupervised since if it's coming around a curve it will be out of your line of sight for part of the trip. It's debatable whether they're on the hook for the car to pull up to the curb (which would be doing it on a public road rather than private driveway.)

The self-parking features of EAP were only very vaguely described, but I expect something better than the existing autopark -- something that can actually find a spot.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo