Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self-Driving Capability Is $8,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
iPhones don’t drop in price. No matter how all you Tesla cult worshippers say. It’s F ed up that the prices dropped so drastically that not even the tax credit can make up for it.

I’m sure lots of people who over paid for their car feel the same. I will not support Tesla in the future. Too much sour taste in my mouth. Month after month.

iPhones absolutely drop in price, after NEW MODELS are announced. They don't nudge you to buy before the year ends, to make sure you take advantage of the tax refund, only to have the price reduced further than any tax credit difference could cover, less than 90 days later. Oh, and they supposedly "discontinued" LR RWD....

When do you think you will be inside of one?

Funny how a car I registered with the DMV is considered vaporware where the Taycan is assumed deliverance.
Yea it's funny. All I did was fill in a form showing interest in the Taycan and I got this very nice package with the certificate of participation (Porsche welcomes Taycan buyers with official "certificate of participation" as first production nears). I felt like I already ordered the car and am waiting for delivery!

Yea it's funny. All I did was fill in a form showing interest in the Taycan and I got this very nice package with the certificate of participation (Porsche welcomes Taycan buyers with official "certificate of participation" as first production nears). I felt like I already ordered the car and am waiting for delivery!

Porsche is certainty showing a lot more POTENTIAL with the Taycan vs Model 3.. but as they say:

Potential and an empty sack is worth an empty sack.

I feel like I'd get my $ worth just putting a deposit, joining Porsche groups, talk tons of *sugar*, cancel my reservation and make sure EVERYONE knows why I cancelled a Taycan.

I'm sure my idea is original and never been done before to Mesla Totors*

*Not using exact name to ensure anonymity

End of 2019. Porsche has tons of money and backed by old school car manufactures. Not one that runs out of money constantly and screw people over

Porsche is basically VW who also has Audi under their brand. Look at how horrible the Etron and the Ipace is. They clearly have problems. Their cars will also cost more than Musks since they don't have a gigafactory to make the batteries.

Porsche is basically VW who also has Audi under their brand. Look at how horrible the Etron and the Ipace is. They clearly have problems. Their cars will also cost more than Musks since they don't have a gigafactory to make the batteries.
Has VW money to spend and back them up. Not that they need it. But etron and iPace will not be an indication of how Porsche makes their cars. As a owner for over a decade of multiple Porsche’s. I know. Tesla, not so much.

Porsche May cost more but I’ll get a better car and will not be screwed every other month by more price drops.

For those that haven't purchased yet, this change is actually kind of exciting. I was planning not to get EAP for 5k and my build of my LR AWD was $51.4K... now with the $2900 drop, it's a no brainer to spend the extra $100 and get the AP features for an MSRP of $51.5K.

Now if I could just get out of this BMW lease!

Reactions: nvx1977 and dmurphy
Has VW money to spend and back them up. Not that they need it. But etron and iPace will not be an indication of how Porsche makes their cars. As a owner for over a decade of multiple Porsche’s. I know. Tesla, not so much.

Porsche May cost more but I’ll get a better car and will not be screwed every other month by more price drops.

I believe the Porsche is built on the same platform as the Audis. Porsche may do well with gas cars, but electric is a whole new ball game. They are 10 years behind and relying on outsourced tech (rimac).

iPhones don’t drop in price. No matter how all you Tesla cult worshippers say. It’s F ed up that the prices dropped so drastically that not even the tax credit can make up for it.

I’m sure lots of people who over paid for their car feel the same. I will not support Tesla in the future. Too much sour taste in my mouth. Month after month.

You’ve really never bought something that’s dropped in price later?

The $4500 I paid for a 42” plasma TV in 2002 .... that TV would be all of $400 today.

A 10MB hard disk was $5,000 back in 1983. Today, a 6TB disk is a little over $100.

Am I upset about it? No. That’s the cost of being an early adopter. You got to have something, use something, enjoy something new and unique and special while the rest of the world did not.

If you want the revolution, ya gotta pay for it. That’s just how it works.

For those that haven't purchased yet, this change is actually kind of exciting. I was planning not to get EAP for 5k and my build of my LR AWD was $51.4K... now with the $2900 drop, it's a no brainer to spend the extra $100 and get the AP features for an MSRP of $51.5K.

Now if I could just get out of this BMW lease!

I’m with you .... waiting for the clock to tick down on my Cadillac. I was planning to buy EAP but not FSD - now looks like I’ll have to get FSD for the featureset I want. My wife specifically is interested in the parking function.

Here is the new version of the chart I posted earlier. However, I'm still trying to clarify two details:
  • If you took delivery of a Model 3 with the $5,000 EAP option, you can add FSD for $3,000. Is the same correct for Model S and X?
  • EU buyers who have not taken delivery yet are reporting text messages confirming they will receive FSD for free. Does the same apply to US buyers?

ykJSg7q.gif

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf
@Troy,

I guess the fact that EM liked your graphics means you are correct, with say 90% certainty )) (I leave 10% for this like to mean 'good graphics, but not really correct in terms of what Tesla means )') Good job. I suggest you now update your graphics to show how FSD overlaps with L3-4-5 levels of autonomy. Don't expect this graphics to receive a like from EM, though )) But I believe you will do a great service to everyone by explaining how things differ and overlap.

Sergey

I'm normally pretty dubious on people "upset" at price drops.... but if Troys chart as of my post is accurate this genuinely screws the hell out of everyone who paid $3000 for literally nothing for FSD the last 2+ years on top of the 5k for EAP.

Also auto lane change without confirmation NOT going to existing EAP only owners is frankly bizarre since it was a promised EAP feature.... that can't be right can it?