Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fun Poll: To be or not to be spoiled about software updates

Do you like to be spoiled in advance about upcoming software updates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
A little fun poll. Do you like to be spoiled in advance about upcoming software updates? Do you read leaked release notes, articles, etc to know about features before you get them. Or, do you try to remain free of spoilers? Do you avoid any info so that you can be surprised when you get an update?

Personally, I find it hard to not to get spoiled. Early Access info seems to leak pretty easily all over the internet. It's hard not to see it. But I admit I like reading about upcoming features because it creates more excitement and anticipation for getting an update.

A little fun poll. Do you like to be spoiled in advance about upcoming software updates? Do you read leaked release notes, articles, etc to know about features before you get them. Or, do you try to remain free of spoilers? Do you avoid any info so that you can be surprised when you get an update?

Personally, I find it hard to not to get spoiled. Early Access info seems to leak pretty easily all over the internet. It's hard not to see it. But I admit I like reading about upcoming features because it creates more excitement and anticipation for getting an update.
I remember seeing/reading which features comes which which software versions; I think it was on a website with check marks?? I cannot find it for the life of me. Would you know where I can find it?

I remember seeing/reading which features comes which which software versions; I think it was on a website with check marks?? I cannot find it for the life of me. Would you know where I can find it?

Here's a record of the updates that *MY* Model 3 received and the major features in each of those updates. I keep track of the software updates in the same spreadsheet I use to track all vehicle expenses (purchase price, insurance, tags, maintenance, fuel).

Version Major Changes
2018.21.9 AP shows cars in adjacent lanes, adjustment to information cards UI
2018.26.3 Cabin overheat protection, Wi-fi, Speed limit mode, Lock confirmation sound
2018.39.7 v9.0 - Web browser, Energy monitor, Calendar, Nav shows exit numbers, Obstacle aware acceleration, Blindspot Visualization, Dashcam, Atari Games
2018.42.3 Keyfob support, increased regenerative braking
2018.44.2 Password required to disable remote access, Updated HVAC airflow representation, Cold weather improvements for windows and charge port lock
2018.48.12.1 Keep Climate On, PIN to drive, Easter Egs (Romance Mode, Pole Position, Fart App)
2018.50.5 Cold weather improvements (adjust seat heaters and thaw charge port during preheat)
2019.5.15 Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, Location-aware mirror folding
2019.8.5 Peak Power Increase, Stop Light Detection/Alerts, Navigate on Autopilot (auto-enable, no-confirmation lane changes)
2019.12.1.1 150 kW Supercharging, Sustained Torque/Power Levels, Software/Map Versions/Updates, new TeslAtari games (2048, Breakout) and Full Screen by default, On-Route Battery Warmup, Chromium browser, TPMS reset and ability to adjust trigger point, Autosteer Stop Light Warning
2019.16.2 Enhanced driving visualization, automatic Sentry Mode, Lane Departure Avoidance, Early Access Software Updates
2019.20.2.1 Low battery alerts when Dog Mode is active, adjustments to auto mode on backlight
2019.20.4.2 Beach Buggy 2 game, New Application Launcher window
2019.24.4 CHAdeMO Adapter support, Sketchpad improvements (color saturation, multiple undo), Search the Owner's Manual
2019.28.3.1 Link a Key to a Driver Profile, Chess game, Beach Buggy Racing game controller support, lower volume when any door is opened, bug fix with Dog Mode
2019.32.2.2 More obvious alert to pending download of software updates; Select new type of Wheel on-screen
2019.32.11 v10.0 - Cuphead, Smart Summon, Video in web browser, Spotify, Caraoke, Driving Visualization improvements, Feeling Lucky/Hungry, Destination searches now show distance to destination, Vent/Close windows from app, Dashcam includes rear camera, Sentry Mode autodeletes old clips
2019.36.2.1 Optional regen to complete stop, Scheduled departure time, 5% power increase, Automatic navigation destination