Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Further discussion and analysis on why the yoke is not good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reread the Toyota engineers solution to the issue. Many other automakers have a flat bottomed steering wheel. I’ve pointed that out many times.

You’ve ignored the Throttle House video in which a driver who’s an autocross driver gave his input into the steering wheel.

You’ve mis-quoted the Toyota (and its suppliers) solution to the Teslas half baked conclusion.

You’ve selectively ignored many posts that do not fit your narrative. All caps won’t solve that.

Want to enlighten us on your exact loss you took on your fictional transaction?

Your disagreement/comfort with the tech wasn’t the issue here. Your ‘science’ absolutely is.

I’m going to side with millions in capital investment into PD in which you’ve claimed you’ve read vs a grainy picture of ‘you’ holding a steering wheel in an awkward position (lol that was golden) and a ‘analysis’ which was rooted in opinion. Thanks 😊.
You don't make any sense

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark
If you don't have an airbag, then it typically is. They claim the 9&3 for less risk when an airbag deploys vs the 10&2.
It's not just about air bag deployment it's also about driver comfort, driver fatigue, many different types of body positions and body types in driver seats for long periods of time. Very few people probably decide on their hand placement on the steering wheel based off of an airbag deployment but more based off of comfort which is really important. Besides, if you do get into an accident you're probably going to have that split second to brace yourself.

Reactions: TessP100D
Long ago, there was an old farmer living on the outskirts of a little village. He was quite poor, possessing only a small piece of land, a small house in which he lived with his only son, and one horse. One day, the horse broke out of the corral and ran away. The neighbors came over to console the farmer. They said, “Oh, this is so terrible! You were poor before, but now you’re destitute. What bad luck! This is the worst thing that could have happened.” The old farmer shrugged his shoulders and gently said, “Who knows what’s good and what’s bad?” The farmer fixed the fence and left the gate open. The next day, his horse came back and went right into the corral, followed by a whole herd of wild horses. The neighbors came over to congratulate him. They said, “Oh, this is so wonderful! You were the poorest man in the village and now you’re the richest. What good fortune! This is the best thing that could have happened.” The old farmer shrugged his shoulders and again said, “Who knows what’s good and what’s bad.” The next day, his son was working to tame the new horses. One of them bucked and he fell off, breaking his leg. The neighbors came over and said, “Oh, this is so terrible! Now your son is hurt, the horses can’t be tamed, and you have no one to help you harvest your crop. What bad luck! This is the worst thing that could have happened!” The old farmer shrugged his shoulders and once more said, “Who knows what’s good and what’s bad?” And the next day, the king’s army came through the countryside, taking all the able-bodied young men off to battle, where they were almost sure to die. But because the old farmer’s son’s leg was hurt, he wasn’t taken along. So who knows what’s good and what’s bad?

Parent, Dr. Joseph. Zen Golf (p. 186). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
I disagree, I think we can use our brains and logic to deduce good and bad as it relates to something like this using science and reason. That's ridiculous argument up above in my opinion especially when it comes to how safe a vehicle is on the road.

Great, now you are just filling the space. Soon you will be replying to yourself So you can keep those threads going.
WE GET IT ! You don’t like the yoke!
Stop frothing at the mouth about it and move on, this is getting tiring to have your constant rants.
I have the yoke, I like it, to each it’s own. 6000 miles in, never felt unsafe even in moments when I had to act fast.
Just bloody stop! You are acting like those weirdo’s that constantly talk to themselves.

It's not just about air bag deployment it's also about driver comfort, driver fatigue, many different types of body positions and body types in driver seats for long periods of time. Very few people probably decide on their hand placement on the steering wheel based off of an airbag deployment but more based off of comfort which is really important. Besides, if you do get into an accident you're probably going to have that split second to brace yourself.
It’s also about driver safety as the stupid yoke hand positions are just ridiculous.

Reactions: Wol747
Great, now you are just filling the space. Soon you will be replying to yourself So you can keep those threads going.
Stop frothing at the mouth about it and move on, this is getting tiring to have your constant rants.
I have the yoke, I like it, to each it’s own. 6000 miles in, never felt unsafe even in moments when I had to act fast.
Just bloody stop! You are acting like those weirdo’s that constantly talk to themselves.
is this toy?

Attachments

• D4B9081B-E1A1-4554-8F89-86C7506D557E.jpeg
    D4B9081B-E1A1-4554-8F89-86C7506D557E.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 65
There’s like 2 or 3 on this thread who continue to extend this to 11 pages as if their rants will change anything. I looked at the some of the historical posts on one of them and they have a history of being negative on just about anything. FSD is BS and will never work, Yoke is a Joke, Elon is an idiot, blah blah and posts his Tesla up for sale. Seems like Tesla and Elon has done them wrong and they spend so much time working people up in these forums without anything better to do with themselves. When I sold my BMW and went to my Porsche, I stopped participating in the BMW forums other than to check on chatter once in awhile, and spent time in the Porsche forums to address questions I had. I got my Tesla and now I’m here being a community member. I don’t go back to the other forums and try to bash them or justify my purchase on why one is better than the other. If you don’t like Tesla and their decisions, you don’t have to own one. Go buy what you like! There are many other EV’s with regular steering wheels, better fit and finish, and a brands with prestige. I am happy with my Tesla, just took it on a roadtrip from SF to Las Vegas and back, and it was the most comfortable roadtrip car I’ve every owned. The Yoke and autopilot was comfortable and used it 80% of the drive. It made 9 hours of driving so fun with XM, Spotify, and Autopilot!!! The seats are also amazing, not a single pressure point, unlike my other cars that are super comfy but after 2+ hours I start feeling discomfort.

Reactions: ForDesign
There’s like 2 or 3 on this thread who continue to extend this to 11 pages as if their rants will change anything. I looked at the some of the historical posts on one of them and they have a history of being negative on just about anything. FSD is BS and will never work, Yoke is a Joke, Elon is an idiot, blah blah and posts his Tesla up for sale. Seems like Tesla and Elon has done them wrong and they spend so much time working people up in these forums without anything better to do with themselves. When I sold my BMW and went to my Porsche, I stopped participating in the BMW forums other than to check on chatter once in awhile, and spent time in the Porsche forums to address questions I had. I got my Tesla and now I’m here being a community member. I don’t go back to the other forums and try to bash them or justify my purchase on why one is better than the other. If you don’t like Tesla and their decisions, you don’t have to own one. Go buy what you like! There are many other EV’s with regular steering wheels, better fit and finish, and a brands with prestige. I am happy with my Tesla, just took it on a roadtrip from SF to Las Vegas and back, and it was the most comfortable roadtrip car I’ve every owned. The Yoke and autopilot was comfortable and used it 80% of the drive. It made 9 hours of driving so fun with XM, Spotify, and Autopilot!!! The seats are also amazing, not a single pressure point, unlike my other cars that are super comfy but after 2+ hours I start feeling discomfort.
I love Tesla’s too, however I call them like I see them. Yes… FSD is a complete fraud, and yes… the yoke is a complete joke, and yes… Elon does stupid things.
I still love Tesla even after that

I love Tesla’s too, however I call them like I see them. Yes… FSD is a complete fraud, and yes… the yoke is a complete joke, and yes… Elon does stupid things.
I still love Tesla even after that
Judging from your historical posts, doesn’t sound like you have anything positive to say about tesla. Did your car sell? If it did, then you’re no longer a tesla owner unless you have other models in the garage.

There’s calling things as you see it but trying to convince others it’s bad and telling them to post again once they get an accident with the yoke seems toxic and ill intent no? Did you get your feelings hurt after buying a P100D and then Tesla released the Plaid? World ain’t perfect so chill out and spend more time looking at the positives. World doesn’t revolve around you and you can choose to hate it so move on.

Who cares about the most important interface you have in your automobile? MANY PEOPLE! Rightfully so.

No, who cares about someone elses "opinion" of something so much that they result is talking cash money S$%& over the internet to them for it.

Its all subjective opinion. Talking trash to someone about an opinion is stupidity IN MY OPINION. See what I did there?

Thats what I meant.

I think the point is… if a manufacturer (Tesla) is going to design a car that has this much HP, it should do so with safety in mind. The car needs bigger brakes. Everyone knows and understands that. Deliver the car fully engineered with the correct balance of power and braking. Come on Tesla, get it together

Tesla Plaid stock brakes outperform the past Tesla perormance and BMW M series. See the other thread on Tesla plaid brakes.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Tesla Plaid stock brakes outperform the past Tesla perormance and BMW M series. See the other thread on Tesla plaid brakes.
Brake and Braking ComparisonPorsche Taycan Turbo STesla Model S Plaid
Horse Power750 HP1020 HP
Curb Weight5,109 lbs4,816 lbs
Front/Rear Diameter16.5"/16.1"15"/14.4"
MaterialCarbon CeramicSteel
60-0103-ft104-ft

For all those who complain about the brakes, please educate yourselves. Those who are negative about how the brakes are horrible and it's unsafe for these cars on the road are just full of crap. Drive one for an extended period of time, experience the Yoke and the brakes, it is a capable car. It is not a track car and even if it's under braked for the track, it's more than sufficient for everyday spirited driving.

Brake and Braking ComparisonPorsche Taycan Turbo STesla Model S Plaid
Horse Power750 HP1020 HP
Curb Weight5,109 lbs4,816 lbs
Front/Rear Diameter16.5"/16.1"15"/14.4"
MaterialCarbon CeramicSteel
60-0103-ft104-ft

For all those who complain about the brakes, please educate yourselves. Those who are negative about how the brakes are horrible and it's unsafe for these cars on the road are just full of crap. Drive one for an extended period of time, experience the Yoke and the brakes, it is a capable car. It is not a track car and even if it's under braked for the track, it's more than sufficient for everyday spirited driving.

The Plaids brakes are fine for street driving. No doubt. However as a track car, they are sub-standard. So drive her on the street and be safe and happly.

The Plaids brakes are fine for street driving. No doubt. However as a track car, they are sub-standard. So drive her on the street and be safe and happly.
OMG, for once he agrees. 🤣

People still take it to the track and just like any other car, you have to know its limits. The $20k CCB brake option will be available soon for those who seriously track the car, but for those who say that a car of this price should include it as it is negligent of them not to do so considering the power, is plain delusional. These are street cars and is not claimed to be a track car. Same goes with BMW Mcars and Porsche’s. CCBs are an option and never come standard unless you get the turbo S variant. Even if you paid $20k for the CCB, you would still pay much less than a Turbo S that is north of $205k.

I really shouldn't add any fuel to the fire here, but this is obviously very relevant:

Kyle's friend Jordan spun out his Plaid and damaged at least two wheels and suspension components while driving around in track mode. You can see them discussing how the yoke came into play at 28:05. Kyle makes some more comments about the yoke later at 28:55.