Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. Got my X a week ago. Love it. Came in excellent condition, except for a small FWD misalignment. I have to bring the car in for a front door rattle and a FWD creak as well as installing performance pedals but I'm debating having the FWD worked on. Doesn't really bother me and more importantly, I worry about making things worse. Attached are photos of the misalignment. What have been people's experience with adjusting alignment? Fixed it? Caused more troubles? Thanks.

IMG_0864.JPG

I bet if you take a picture holding your phone just few inches higher - this "misalignment" would not even be noticeable. I think some of you guys are nitpicking just to find a "defect". You say that it "doesn't really bother you", but since you brought this up, it, obviously, does.

That being said, I don't think aligning can cause any other issues - it's pretty simple and quick. Since you're bringing the car in for service anyway, I would ask them to align it better to get it off your mind.

Actually, I didn't even notice it myself. It's the DS that did at delivery. Now maybe I would have later but my previous Tesla had misaligned doors that I never had adjusted.

Is it a simple adjustment? Read elsewhere they take the door apart. Seems like other thinks could come from that such as rattles, dings, etc.

Is this a case of if it ain't (too) broken don't fix it?

Agree I can ask as I'll be in anyway but I'm trying to gauge if more trouble can come from a repair.

Reactions: ABC2D
Hello all. Got my X a week ago. Love it. Came in excellent condition, except for a small FWD misalignment. I have to bring the car in for a front door rattle and a FWD creak as well as installing performance pedals but I'm debating having the FWD worked on. Doesn't really bother me and more importantly, I worry about making things worse. Attached are photos of the misalignment. What have been people's experience with adjusting alignment? Fixed it? Caused more troubles? Thanks.

View attachment 231414
@steilkurve , I had the same misalignment on my MX and had the SC correct the alignment. I wish I had not.
While the door handle alignment was somewhat, but not completely, improved, the upper section of the FWD now sticks up above the roof line and wind noise i slightly worse.
In hindsight, I would have preferred the misaligned door handles.

Reactions: boaterva
@steilkurve , I had the same misalignment on my MX and had the SC correct the alignment. I wish I had not.
While the door handle alignment was somewhat, but not completely, improved, the upper section of the FWD now sticks up above the roof line and wind noise i slightly worse.
In hindsight, I would have preferred the misaligned door handles.

Thanks. Precisely the kind of feedback I was looking for.

If it doesn't bother you that much, I would suggest you not to bring it to the SC for a fix. The SC fixed my door misalignment in 3 days but created more problem afterwards. My FWD was creeking and window seal too tight after the fix. I had to go back to the SC and they kept my car for 2 more days. I also suspect the misalignment will come back eventually with normal use.