Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD fail to open!!! this can't happen again!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg Hi everyone. So around 10 am this morning my two and half year old daughter was sleeping peacefully on the driver side of the car! Suddenly my baby girl cough and woke up and started to throw up. I panic and got out of the car and went to open the fwd, waiting for it to open. It didn't open! I try again and it didn't open. I rush over to the other side and try to open the other door and thank god it open! I was able to unbuckle and got my daughter out and took care of my baby girl!

I was mad and piss off and couldn't imagine something like this happening again on a sistuation that is much worst.

To make matter worst! The door remain close and stuck on a loop. The car think the door is open but the door is close. So we can drive without warning!!!!! From the car. We can't lock the car because the car think that the door is open.

Call my nearest SC talk to someone and explain what happen, they took the message and said someone from the service department will call you back! 10 hours go by and not a phone call. I call customer service in CA and they can't help because it need a service tech. All SC is close on Sunday! So now we have a car that we don't feel safe being in. and doors won't open! And no one can help us till Monday!

I'm am so madddddd right now for paying this kind of money and getting a lemon and terrible services!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 59
Perhaps in your rush you barely brushed the black section of the door as anything touching that with no pressure even stops the door?

Also, the app doesn't accurately reflect door status visually sometimes, buggy. It just reflects fully open or fully closed.

The care reflect partial opens; however, it can't unsync. That is the reason for the very first thread you'll see on here pinnned named reset techniques. The car and its moving parts along with software definitely has some flaws. I don't think yours would classify as a lemon though at this point - you'll need to have it in the SC for like a month for that (which some have).

You know what bothers me the most about this situation is not that the door failed. Things fail, especially high tech stuff. What bothers me is that Tesla is stumbling with high demand of service and need a bigger service work force NOW. This is a very serious situation that needs to be addressed right now. I'm personally very happy with service at Dania in Florida. No complaints but seeing people complain about service can really affect the brand.

Hopefully my X won't need any service. But in case it does, I really hope the West Palm Beach SC lives up to the Dania one :)

No overnight stay at the service center for 8k miles. Knock on wood :) I think there are service centers better organized than others , at the end of the day it's impossible to have great people for a certain job everywhere. I'm actually surprised how well Dania is run considered the high density of Tesla's in S FL. I see like 4 every single day. I also know they are opening one in Coral Gables soon so that should be even better for all of us. You will absolutely love the Model X90

Reactions: DiamondHands
What bothers me is that Tesla is stumbling with high demand of service and need a bigger service work force NOW.
This was on a Sunday. How many car dealers service centers are open on Sunday?

Anyway I am surprised the 800 tech support did not walk him(?) through a few normal procedures such as rebooting etc. , but perhaps he(?) was anxious to get off the phone because of his(?) daughter.

I think the more telling issue here is how may non techies are willing to put up with cars that need to be rebooted periodically, or even have numerous sw updates etc. I just spent 4 days at a relatives house over turkey week rebuilding networks, operating systems, sw updates, power supplies etc. The whole environment was totally unusable and I would have been in tech purgatory for a week if I had not fixed everything. They got the benefit because of my needs.

But the point of this is that they were totally clueless that their systems were not working, were exposed to viruses and malware, were seeing performance that was not just unacceptable, it was causing data integrity issues. This is the average public. Not the techies that Tesla is currently selling too and is the market well beyond the Model 3.

This was on a Sunday. How many car dealers service centers are open on Sunday?

Anyway I am surprised the 800 tech support did not walk him(?) through a few normal procedures such as rebooting etc. , but perhaps he(?) was anxious to get off the phone because of his(?) daughter.

I think the more telling issue here is how may non techies are willing to put up with cars that need to be rebooted periodically, or even have numerous sw updates etc. I just spent 4 days at a relatives house over turkey week rebuilding networks, operating systems, sw updates, power supplies etc. The whole environment was totally unusable and I would have been in tech purgatory for a week if I had not fixed everything. They got the benefit because of my needs.

But the point of this is that they were totally clueless that their systems were not working, were exposed to viruses and malware, were seeing performance that was not just unacceptable, it was causing data integrity issues. This is the average public. Not the techies that Tesla is currently selling too and is the market well beyond the Model 3.

Tesla loyalty right now is really high because no other car company comes even close to customer service, product etc. It has to stay this way.

@patrick40363 - I am sorry I had to dislike your one liner post. While some people may see the doors as gimmicks but they are in fact very functional - in rain, snow and for people at a certain age that makes it difficult for them to get into conventional cars.

However, as I have said previously in other posts MX is not for everyone. It's a nerds dream and you have to be somewhat tech savvy to really maneuver its nuances.

@patrick40363 - I am sorry I had to dislike your one liner post. While some people may see the doors as gimmicks but they are in fact very functional - in rain, snow and for people at a certain age that makes it difficult for them to get into conventional cars.

However, as I have said previously in other posts MX is not for everyone. It's a nerds dream and you have to be somewhat tech savvy to really maneuver its nuances.

+1

It's also excellent for parents with little ones in car seats!

-Minivan owner

Reactions: FarmerDave
Let us know how the resolution is progressing.
I have to echo the concerns on service responsiveness. The guys are clearly overloaded but there are few things that imho got worse over time. When we had our door problem we called the 800 number, she made us run few things (surprisingly no reboot but I had tried that before) and then she told us the SC would call us to make an appointment. After 3 days waiting we made the call. Turned out that the door issue was reported to my S, not the X (how come the rep could confuse?) so no one bothered calling us back. When the car was at SC, communication was poor, we were told multiple time we would have an update EOD but never received any call. We had to call every couple of days to receive information. They had to order and change a few things to get it working again after 10 days.

Yeah really.

I am on my 9th Tesla and all of them have some sort of issue, some major some minor. It's a reality of owning a Tesla. ALL cars and all levels of cost break down, whomever thinks that cars don't break down is an idiot.
Though I haven't yet churned through as many Teslas as @DougH, my MS has never been to SC except for the annual service.

And I have an early MX that had some minor alignment issues, but I haven't needed to get the car in to service since April. The only issue that remains outstanding in my opinion is the loud cooling fan when temps are 80 and over. Per the foreman its per design and I am not accepting that resolution.

@SUMD - hope that helps you set expectations appropriately. They have less parts than any conventional car and the engineering is at par at least if not superior than the established car assembly plants. But it's a machine that you put into rough use and so yeah it's likely something will breakdown.

Though I haven't yet churned through as many Teslas as @DougH, my MS has never been to SC except for the annual service.

And I have an early MX that had some minor alignment issues, but I haven't needed to get the car in to service since April. The only issue that remains outstanding in my opinion is the loud cooling fan when temps are 80 and over. Per the foreman its per design and I am not accepting that resolution.

@SUMD - hope that helps you set expectations appropriately.

Thanks - wife and I are super stoked :D