Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD sensor & firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Customer support to ask about the 50.1 firmware update as I’d had the failed update on ver 50 a few days ago.

Was told that sensors in my FWD need to be replaced and until they are, any software update will continue to fail.

Anyone else heard something like this? Would’ve been nice if they’d proactively contacted me and let me know, rather than only noticing when I called in.

Yes. Apparently they moved to a new sensor and have found it to be incompatible. Have had mine changed back to the “old sensor”.

Be very careful with your doors. They will not be sensing close by objects - and will hit stuff.....you need the old sensors on your car - pronto

Good to know!
Yes. Apparently they moved to a new sensor and have found it to be incompatible. Have had mine changed back to the “old sensor”.

Be very careful with your doors. They will not be sensing close by objects - and will hit stuff.....you need the old sensors on your car - pronto
Not sure what you mean. I picked up my new X and it has the newest sensors and .51

I have a one month old 100X. I took delivery just before Thanksgiving (mid November build). Presumably I had the new sensors for my build. My first ownership update to 48 installed OK but 50 failed, however, that fail was widely reported and 50.1 was released 24 hours later. I have not received 50.1 yet; however, I have no issues with 50 even though it failed. Just throwing this on here as another data point.