Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GEICO Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny enough, Allstate wouldn't even give me a quote without talking to their "Specialty and Exotics" department or something :rolleyes:

Other insurance company's will soon be the same, it's a downward spiral.

Also, some insurance companies will only pay "standard shop rates" which is around $60 an hour. So in some cases, depending on which company you are with you will have to pay the difference.

Update: Now that I've received my first official Allstate auto insurance renewal statement with both of the new cars on it, I can say what the true cost of insurance is. The Model 3 is running $717.68 for 6 months. This takes into account a discount of $387.36. That may (partially) explain the $1140 I was quoted back in June. Coverage is bodily injury $100K/$300K, property damage $100K ($138.16), collision with $500 deductible ($426.57), comprehensive with $100 deductible ($56.94), uninsured $100K/$300K ($35.33) and medical $5K ($6.57). I also have the replacement cost option ($54.11). My wife's 2018 Honda Ridgeline runs $711.21 with identical coverage except without the replacement cost option. My BMW is costing me $506.66 and the wife is asking if it's worth it to keep the car around when I barely drive it anymore.

I pre check for Model 3 and my Geico policy was going to increase substantially. Checked with Progressive and my ELR was about the same as Geico and the Model 3 will be about the same as I'm paying for my ELR. Way less than Geico for the Model 3. So I switched to Progressive. Can't wait to see what Tesla is going to do.

I switched to Ameriprise because Geico wanted so much.
Geico was going to be around 1600 per year where as Ameriprise is 800.
I also upped all my coverage numbers with Ameriprise. Don’t have the details handy however.

I actually went through my credit union, it's called Kinecta in Tustin, CA. My guy Hassan set me up with a quote and helped me save a bunch. They do it for free even if you're not a member; they're able to run your info through multiple carriers to match you with the best rate. He even told me they can work with people in other states (CA, CO, OR, TX, WA, and NV) so that might help some of you guys out. His email is [email protected], or the branch number is 714-259-1354 if you wanna reach out. Their loan rates are really good too and anyone in the US can join!

Last edited:
I actually went through my credit union, it's called Kinecta in Tustin, CA. My guy Hassan set me up with a quote and helped me save a bunch. They do it for free even if you're not a member; they're able to run your info through multiple carriers to match you with the best rate. He even told me they can work with people in other states (CA, CO, OR, TX, WA, and NV) so that might help some of you guys out. His email is [email protected], or the branch number is 714-259-1354 if you wanna reach out. Their loan rates are really good too and anyone in the US can join!
lol hcook... hassan cook

• Funny
Reactions: xyxx
Good to know. I’ll give you a call.