Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gemini black wheel covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine today. Much nicer than stock. They are on there really tight too, I needed much more effort to remove one than the stock ones. Tip for those that like them, skip Ali Express and go straight to Alibaba where you can order it from a manufacturer and not a reseller. Mine were $80 plus shipping so came out to $154 total.

4FDF1BEF-A4F9-4ACC-A964-0BE8248F1B40.jpeg

Reactions: BitJam and WyoDude
Got mine today. Much nicer than stock. They are on there really tight too, I needed much more effort to remove one than the stock ones. Tip for those that like them, skip Ali Express and go straight to Alibaba where you can order it from a manufacturer and not a reseller. Mine were $80 plus shipping so came out to $154 total.

View attachment 872758
Can you share the link or manufacturer name? There are several similar looking ones on Alibaba. Thanks.

View attachment 872758
Do they make noise when driving at low speeds?

Here's an overview of the different designs available right now.
Wheel Cover Designs for Model Y

Thanks for the Alibaba Link, have to check that next time.
Thank you soo much for this! 😃 I had spent many hours over several weeks, looking into all the different types of MY Wheel Covers. I hadn't come across the latest ones in your link, so I ended up ordering them (picture below). They come in Left & Right sides (mirror-imaged), which should help efficiency. And they have more spokes than the others, making them look more like the real Uebertubines. The price is very good too.

The efficiency tests on some of the other MY Covers are mixed. But these look a lot more like the Ueberturbine Covers that are available for the M3, which are slightly different. And they have good reports of efficiency. So fingers crossed...

Attachments

• 4PCS-HubCap-Performance-Automobile-Replacemen-Hub-cap-Full-Rim-Cover-Accessories-for-Tesla-Mod...jpg
    4PCS-HubCap-Performance-Automobile-Replacemen-Hub-cap-Full-Rim-Cover-Accessories-for-Tesla-Mod...jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 309
Mine arrived today (ordered 13 December, shipped 16 December) :). Pretty fast considering Christmas was in between. Although China to Australia might be faster than to US or Europe.
They arrived in perfect condition. They came with a roll of foam tape (not applied to the wheel covers). And despite the ad saying no centre-caps are included, they came with stealth Tesla logos (all one dark grey/black colour, but the Tesla logo engraved). I'll post a picture tomorrow, I got the gunmetal grey.

Last edited:
They look and feel good quality. As good as the original covers, and the same metal clips and inner metal ring as factory. I'm actually still a few months away from my Y arriving, so I can't put them on yet. But I compared them against set of gemini covers, and I'm happy with them. These from AliExpress look better, and are slightly bigger, so they protect the edge of the wheel (unlike the factory ones that have a slight gap).

I have a gray MYP that I switched to 19" gemini wheels on delivery due to the harsh ride of the 21" uberturbines. Only downside of the 19" gemini is that they're funky looking, so I removed the aero covers to ride with just the plain alloy spokes. Only problem is the silver alloy doesn't quite match the rest of the car's exterior. I saw a couple of black gemini wheel covers on Aliexpress to cover the silver spokes...just wondering if you guys have experience with them and whether they're usable.

I realize I can plastidip the wheels, but I am looking for a more permanent product and not something that I have to respray every so often...not to mention the time to prep and spray, where free time is in short supply due to a newborn in the family.

Not my car but a similar pic I found: View attachment 844219
Firstly, I like the naked Gemini wheels with any body colour. Those in the picture look great. ( but that's only MHO😌).
However, after seven months, I fancy ringing the changes for while ( I have never driven with the stock covers) and so, continuing their neglect, I bought some black plastic covers on to which I thought I would stick a bright Tesla hub emblems.

Now then, I read, in the small print, that the retaining clips may scratch the Geminis' spokes.

The solution could be the strategic placement of, necessarily thin, tape. It will be a faff and maybe too thin, (I am thinking masking tape), to be effective.

Has anyone had experience of spoke scratching due to taking OEM or aftermarket covers on and off their Gemini wheels?

Actually, I not sure I like the look of them now, even before mounting them.
I went for the Razor Covers, they don't look look too efficient or attractive. I might have been better off with the Turbine lookalikes.
However, if I can avoid spoke damage, I'll give them a go.
All comments gratefully received.