Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 2 Wall Charger Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, long time owner first time poster..
(2018 Model 3, LR AWD @41kmi & 2021 Mode Y LR AWD @ 11kmi)

I have a Gen 2 wall charger (non wifi) and have been using it for three years without issue.. until today.

Issue: I plug the cable into the car, and it doesn’t charge
- The charge port light on the car goes from white (before plug in) to non-existent (once plugged in) instead of it’s series of click and green flashes
- the wall station doesn’t show any color (no red or amber or flashing)
- the app shows that it’s ready for charge and colors the cable red-ish after a while
- the car shapes the charging screen and a “ready to charge” in the corner

Any thoughts?

- I power cycled the circuit breaker (240VAC, 60A)… no luck
- only thing I could point to would be some cold wet weather and a stretched cable (outside) to charge the second parked car in the driveway

Hi, long time owner first time poster..
(2018 Model 3, LR AWD @41kmi & 2021 Mode Y LR AWD @ 11kmi)

I have a Gen 2 wall charger (non wifi) and have been using it for three years without issue.. until today.

Issue: I plug the cable into the car, and it doesn’t charge
- The charge port light on the car goes from white (before plug in) to non-existent (once plugged in) instead of it’s series of click and green flashes
- the wall station doesn’t show any color (no red or amber or flashing)
- the app shows that it’s ready for charge and colors the cable red-ish after a while
- the car shapes the charging screen and a “ready to charge” in the corner

Any thoughts?

- I power cycled the circuit breaker (240VAC, 60A)… no luck
- only thing I could point to would be some cold wet weather and a stretched cable (outside) to charge the second parked car in the driveway
Sounds broken. If both cars show the same symptoms its probably a problem in the charger.

Luckily the charger is covered by a four year warranty, so don't delay in reporting the issue to Tesla.