Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector (charger) does not show up on my WiFi network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed a Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector last week. Works great! I am reliably getting 12kW.

When I commissioned it, I added it to my home WiFi network - it reports successfully connecting to the network.

But... I can see what devices are on my network (including ones that have previously connected, but are no not connected) and I cannot find it. I searched by name and by MAC address.

Anyone else have this experience? Do you see the Gen 3 Wall charger on your WiFi network?

OK, I reconnected it also, and then it showed up as

> Generic Brand Vendor: AzureWave Technology

Not exactly obvious. AzureWave looks to be some company out of Shanghai.

The MAC address was different than shown on the commissioning info. I guess this makes sense, it used a different network adaptor for the WiFi it broadcasts, versus the one it uses to join your WiFi. For those that are interested, the OUI (first part of the MAC address is)

80:91:33

Not exactly obvious. AzureWave looks to be some company out of Shanghai.

Are you a human?

They make network cards. You should report that as a bug - probably they forgot/neglected to configure its name.

The MAC address was different than shown on the commissioning info. I guess this makes sense, it used a different network adaptor for the WiFi it broadcasts, versus the one it uses to join your WiFi. For those that are interested, the OUI (first part of the MAC address is)

80:91:33

Mac addresses are random and easily changed. A different mac address is needed or useful when operating "as-if" there were two wifi cards. There definitely aren't.