Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

You think THAT one is pathetic?

upload_2018-3-24_12-43-27.png

Last edited:
'm looking at a P85D with 21" rims. May I ask someone if they know how this battery range is? Car is a 2014 with about 40k miles on it. I think this is saying 241 miles at 100%? Seems a bit low?

If it has 5 hours to go charging at 110v@12amps, I'd say that would probably get up to 243 to 245, which is a tad low, but within expected degradation for a 2014 P85D with 40k miles on it. I think I get about 248 at 100% with 32k miles.

^ The mystery continues :D Let me see if I can get the person to send me the original sticker with the option codes on it.

By the way Hank, since per your signature you have both the P85+ and the P85D+, how do you compare the two? I know that's a very general question, but curious if you had any general thoughts.

By the way Hank, since per your signature you have both the P85+ and the P85D+, how do you compare the two? I know that's a very general question, but curious if you had any general thoughts.

I'm sure many other people can also compare. First, I love RWD cars (all my other cars have been mostly BMWs*, I still have my E39 M5).. the P85+ certainly didn't disappoint in that department! But the dual motor of the P85D with the + suspension is the best of both worlds. Sublime handling, performance acceleration (and I only have Insane mode), and firm 'sports sedan' ride you won't get with any other non "+" Teslas until the Next Gen Roadster comes out. I also live in snow country, so the dual motors make a HUGE difference in the snow compared to my M5 with full snow tires on it. I also like having AP1, TACC, Next Gen seats, and a heated steering wheel -- all things I could not get on a P85+. I think in the used market today, the differences in price between the two is about $10k. TOTALLY WORTH IT to get the P85D+. When I bought mine and sold the P85+, the difference was about $20k. STILL TOTALLY WORTH IT!! :)

* In my wild 20's I did own a FWD VW Corrado G60. So sue me.

Awesome, thanks to both of you for the comments. I'm also a BMW guy (I'm on my 4th) and love it's handling. I started just wanting a Model S and the more I read, saw and drove the cars I really want the P85D now. I'll be driving a few in the next week or so and then just hoping to find a good deal. I found one that is my ideal car and it's priced decently, but the warranty will expire in December and I'm hesitant to buy one without the long term warranty of a CPO.

I've been watching those P85D reaction videos on youtube too...can't wait to turn on insane mode and do that to friends and family soon. That alone may be worth the premium for the car.