Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be driving a few in the next week or so and then just hoping to find a good deal. I found one that is my ideal car and it's priced decently, but the warranty will expire in December and I'm hesitant to buy one without the long term warranty of a CPO.

You probably already know this, but not all P85Ds have the + suspension. Only P85Ds made from December 2014 through April 2015 could have it (or they might not, you have to do some digging to confirm). But any P85D made May 2015 or later definitely does not have the +.

Awesome, thanks to both of you for the comments. I'm also a BMW guy (I'm on my 4th) and love it's handling. I started just wanting a Model S and the more I read, saw and drove the cars I really want the P85D now. I'll be driving a few in the next week or so and then just hoping to find a good deal. I found one that is my ideal car and it's priced decently, but the warranty will expire in December and I'm hesitant to buy one without the long term warranty of a CPO.

I've been watching those P85D reaction videos on youtube too...can't wait to turn on insane mode and do that to friends and family soon. That alone may be worth the premium for the car.

2014/15 Tesla Model S - P85D, Autopilot, White, heavily optioned

Congratulations!!

Was it the white one for $68,200 VIN P68173?

I don't think that one has the + suspension, but it is still possible with these early P85Ds.

Indeed it was. :D Thanks, it still feels surreal now after all this looking and searching. Since I was indifferent to the + suspension, or I should say ignorant as to the difference, hopefully it won't matter. How can you tell though?

It's quite amazing, this is almost the exact car I would have wanted. White was my first choice, black interior, even red brake calipers. The only thing I would have preferred are the 21" grey turbine wheels, but I guess the 19" wheels are better for comfort and efficiency anyway. I imagine though I could swap them out somewhat easily if I wanted to in the future (I presume you can anyway).

I'm hoping that was a good deal, given what I was seeing anyway for private sales were right around that if not more with no CPO warranty. And since it's 40k miles it has the 4 year warranty to boot.

Indeed it was. :D Thanks, it still feels surreal now after all this looking and searching. Since I was indifferent to the + suspension, or I should say ignorant as to the difference, hopefully it won't matter. How can you tell though?

It's quite amazing, this is almost the exact car I would have wanted. White was my first choice, black interior, even red brake calipers. The only thing I would have preferred are the 21" grey turbine wheels, but I guess the 19" wheels are better for comfort and efficiency anyway. I imagine though I could swap them out somewhat easily if I wanted to in the future (I presume you can anyway).

I'm hoping that was a good deal, given what I was seeing anyway for private sales were right around that if not more with no CPO warranty. And since it's 40k miles it has the 4 year warranty to boot.

This one is actually a better deal.
Used 2014 Tesla Model S For Sale | Mission Viejo CA

• Disagree
Reactions: JamesBrown
Plan B, can you explain why? I'm curious, since that one has a much shorter warranty left on it. I actually called and spoke to them too, but passed on it.

The one you bought does have more warranty but the one at the Audi place has more options, it's pretty much loaded and has 21" wheels.

You bought a basic P85D, with extra warranty...that's the only good thing about it, I do not keep cars that long so the CPO warranty does nothing for me. So the CPO was not that great of a deal, for me....but it might be for you for you care more about warranty that options.

Last edited:

Considering $68,200 is on the very low end of the histogram for all P85Ds ever sold, I'd say you got a great deal, even without the + suspension.

upload_2018-3-27_20-8-41.png