Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Side question, does anyone know if I would have to pay full price for FSD on a leased car if I purchase after delivery? since I would not be owning the car permanently, it would make sense to discount FSD on lease vehicles.
With a lease you get a discount on every option. If the residual is 60%, then you are really only paying for 40% of the FSD cost over the term of the lease.

Does it at least increase the residual when you pay the $6k so your lease payments are less?
No, your lease is a signed contract. Unless you transfer it, you cannot modify the terms. The only real thing to consider is that you have technically added value to the car and the residual value has stayed low. So there is a chance it might be worth more than the buyout at the end of the lease. So you might be able to buy it out, then sell it and make some of that money back. This is unlikely as Teslas residuals are often over market value.

I think leasing a 3 is not good option. There are calculations out there and it's not such a great deal.
If you can, better to just buy one and if you don't want to keep it after 3 years sell it. Hopefully you won't be upside down.

Tesla has made some very greedy decisions lately (removing AP/free charging from used cars) so I wouldn't expect them to give you FSD from the good of their heart. It's one more source of income for them...

No it’s not that they are being greedy it’s the fact that all these generous options they have been giving from free supercharging to 4 yr bumper warranties and 8 yr warranties on the battery and motors (their most costly mistake) for unlimited miles isn’t helping a company that has yet to ever record a profit. I know I told this to iqless and he thought I was crazy to say it, but Tesla will be lucky to be here a year from now. They had the best sales quater to date but 80k of the $90k were model 3 cars that have awful margins. They messed up by making the model 3 and the model Y would only make things worse, taking away from now the model x sales. They have to sell those models too last and they are not and continuing to drop prices more and more which might help boost new sales but doesn’t help long term especially when you piss off you loyal repeat buyers who feel they got robbed and aren’t getting any discounts to want to purchase again. As soon as they decided not to refresh the x and s I knew it was over and the roadster will never make it to the floor now either. All of these three models should have been priority number 1 before launching a car that they were literally losing money on at first. Plus Elon made a huge mistake going all in on FSD, which is only going to make buyers trust him even less than they already do. They will get bought out but either way if u have a Tesla and don’t drive it hard like I did with my performance the battery can last 400k miles, so it still worth purchasing just for how long they can last if driven soft.

The 3 however is going to be a nightmare in a few years due to the rushed production. Even tho the batteries are much better the car overall is built like *sugar* from cutting corners

No it’s not that they are being greedy it’s the fact that all these generous options they have been giving from free supercharging to 4 yr bumper warranties and 8 yr warranties on the battery and motors (their most costly mistake) for unlimited miles isn’t helping a company that has yet to ever record a profit. I know I told this to iqless and he thought I was crazy to say it, but Tesla will be lucky to be here a year from now. They had the best sales quater to date but 80k of the $90k were model 3 cars that have awful margins. They messed up by making the model 3 and the model Y would only make things worse, taking away from now the model x sales. They have to sell those models too last and they are not and continuing to drop prices more and more which might help boost new sales but doesn’t help long term especially when you piss off you loyal repeat buyers who feel they got robbed and aren’t getting any discounts to want to purchase again. As soon as they decided not to refresh the x and s I knew it was over and the roadster will never make it to the floor now either. All of these three models should have been priority number 1 before launching a car that they were literally losing money on at first. Plus Elon made a huge mistake going all in on FSD, which is only going to make buyers trust him even less than they already do. They will get bought out but either way if u have a Tesla and don’t drive it hard like I did with my performance the battery can last 400k miles, so it still worth purchasing just for how long they can last if driven soft.

The 3 however is going to be a nightmare in a few years due to the rushed production. Even tho the batteries are much better the car overall is built like *sugar* from cutting corners
Hmm. My car is a production Hell car July 2018 build. It is and has been great with no issues, and excellent build quality. I don’t think you can paint the Model 3 with such a broad brush.

Reactions: Petrocelli
Hmm. My car is a production Hell car July 2018 build. It is and has been great with no issues, and excellent build quality. I don’t think you can paint the Model 3 with such a broad brush.

How old is it? No paint issues yet? The last production was much worse than before, the paint on cars is already showing signs of poor work, cuz they barely used any paint. Don't believe me just see what others are saying. At first a lot though is was mainly model 3's that ended up overseas, but it's happening here too. Supposedly they did a test and found it wasn't as bad as previous thought, than more and more started showing signs. Worst part Tesla refused to cover it under warranty.

Impressed By The Finnish Tesla Model 3 Paint Problems? Hold My Beer

Finnish Tesla Model 3 Inspection Reveals Soft, Thin, Under-Spec Paint

How old is it? No paint issues yet? The last production was much worse than before, the paint on cars is already showing signs of poor work, cuz they barely used any paint. Don't believe me just see what others are saying. At first a lot though is was mainly model 3's that ended up overseas, but it's happening here too. Supposedly they did a test and found it wasn't as bad as previous thought, than more and more started showing signs. Worst part Tesla refused to cover it under warranty.

It’s in my signature. Paint is fine. The VIN number tells you that my car was among the 46000 cars built by July 2018. Obviously YMMV but there are plenty of satisfied model 3 owners out there myself included.

I do agree that not refreshing the S, their original car, their flagship, ...is a strange decision. At least from the back now it really starts showing it's age.

Also I have more difficulty understanding why are they building the Y? It just looks like a Model 3 copy/paste and resized by 10%. Does the market really want crossovers this bad?

Honestly do you own a Model 3? Your complaints are kinda bizarre. Your signature doesn’t tell us anything. If you do own a model 3 and hate the car so much, sell it and get a Camry , you’ll be much happier.

There's a particular option/color combination I've been on the lookout for. Typically I'll see 1 or 2 cars on ev-cpo.com but have been waiting on additional price drops along with an anticipated flood of off-lease cars. WELL, last few weeks, ZILCH-NADA-NOTHING. So to my great surprise I get an EV-CPO alert for pretty much the configuration I'm looking for. I found it interesting to see it was posted a month ago, and it seems to have gotten pulled from inventory for almost a month.

Was close to giving up hope on a used Model X, but perhaps the flood is starting with this trickle, and perhaps used inventory was being held back?

delete.png

• Love
Reactions: EV-CPO and byeLT4
There's a particular option/color combination I've been on the lookout for. Typically I'll see 1 or 2 cars on ev-cpo.com but have been waiting on additional price drops along with an anticipated flood of off-lease cars. WELL, last few weeks, ZILCH-NADA-NOTHING. So to my great surprise I get an EV-CPO alert for pretty much the configuration I'm looking for. I found it interesting to see it was posted a month ago, and it seems to have gotten pulled from inventory for almost a month.

Was close to giving up hope on a used Model X, but perhaps the flood is starting with this trickle, and perhaps used inventory was being held back?

View attachment 454483
Seems a little strange that they have no used P100DL’s S or X when this is the time the 3 yr leases would be up. Something definitely shady Tesla is up to of course. We should be seeing a flood of 2-3 yr leases that would include P90DL’s facelift and P100DL’s. That is of course they need all of them for loaners since most Tesla’s spend most their time at the shop being fixed lol

MelvinLee, I've built my downpayment arc, and patiently await the flood of 2-3 year leases :)

Best of luck to us all.
I know it really doesn’t make sense since this is exactly 3 years almost since the P100DL was first released. Well it was already with Ap1 but in November of 2016 was when Ap2 was first released and the P100DL would’ve had its most sales 3 yrs ago. Hopefully they will start showing up in the next few months.
What’s even more ridiculous is that a used/new Raven P100DL with let’s say 1k miles costs more than designing a brand new one with the same options. It’s not like u have to wait long for the new Raven either it says 2 weeks. Just doesn’t make sense. But good luck... I would honestly advise buying a new one if you could cause used ones on eBay, autotrader etc costs more than the Raven which also add like 40 miles of range. Just my 2 cents if I was in your shoes

I know it really doesn’t make sense since this is exactly 3 years almost since the P100DL was first released. Well it was already with Ap1 but in November of 2016 was when Ap2 was first released and the P100DL would’ve had its most sales 3 yrs ago. Hopefully they will start showing up in the next few months.
What’s even more ridiculous is that a used/new Raven P100DL with let’s say 1k miles costs more than designing a brand new one with the same options. It’s not like u have to wait long for the new Raven either it says 2 weeks. Just doesn’t make sense. But good luck... I would honestly advise buying a new one if you could cause used ones on eBay, autotrader etc costs more than the Raven which also add like 40 miles of range. Just my 2 cents if I was in your shoes