Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm convinced Tesla is holding back on used inventory. Two Model Xs hit my radar, and history showed they were offered over a month ago for crazy money, and then put back into the CPO inventory to get snatched up in less than 24 hours.

Model X 90D VIN: 026058 Preowned Price: $58,200 +Autopilot 2.0
Model X 90D VIN: 028211 Preowned Price: $71,400 +Autopilot 2.0

I'm curious, question for the sellers..... why are you all selling?? to buy new platform, or move to a different brand?

In the market and just want to get an overall feel for the used market and where owners are shifting to

either one of these 3 reasons

1. they hate money and like depreciating assets at their worst
2. they benefit tax wise from leasing vehicles and leasing new is easiest
3. they like new stuff

Could also be any combination of these things.

Just out of curiosity, is there a sort of buyer/seller protection when making transactions through this site? Also does anyone know why Tesla removed the option for nationwide search (used inventory) but still offer the $2k vehicle transport nationwide? Wouldn’t it benefit them to list all inventory and not just lock the search for specific zip code?

Just out of curiosity, is there a sort of buyer/seller protection when making transactions through this site?

No, there isn't. No transactions happen "through" this website. It's just buyers and sellers finding each other, no different than Craigslist.

Wouldn’t it benefit them to list all inventory and not just lock the search for specific zip code?

Why yes, it would benefit them to do that, but they don't. Have you tried EV-CPO? See link in the sig below.

I recently posted my car for sale on this site but I want to edit the post. How do I do that, I can't find how to edit it. Thanks for any help.

Editing is on a timer here. You have 30 or 60 minutes to do it after posting.

edit.jpg

Reactions: byeLT4
I'm a longtime lurker, but finally registered an account. I thought just nobody was interested about my Model S for sale, but then I realized it's probably hidden since I'm new. Makes total sense to curb spam. Guess I should have registered a while ago! =P

General question - I have a potential buyer who is upset I am not comfortable letting her “test drive” my 2-month old Model S. I’m not comfortable with the liability concerns on an $80K car. Has anyone else just let someone test drive their Tesla when you can simply go to a Tesla store and drive one?

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
General question - I have a potential buyer who is upset I am not comfortable letting her “test drive” my 2-month old Model S. I’m not comfortable with the liability concerns on an $80K car. Has anyone else just let someone test drive their Tesla when you can simply go to a Tesla store and drive one?
I'd call your insurance agent to confirm coverage in this situation. I would never buy a used car without taking it for a test drive. A ride isn't enough to detect vibration in the steering wheel, etc. If the seller refuses to let me drive it, my first thought is "What are they trying to hide?" Or maybe I'll make a lowball offer to cover any hidden problems.

EDIT - My point was, if you insist on not allowing test drives, you're probably restricting your pool of available buyers, and may have a hard time getting the best price.

Last edited:
I'd call your insurance agent to confirm coverage in this situation. I would never buy a used car without taking it for a test drive. A ride isn't enough to detect vibration in the steering wheel, etc. If the seller refuses to let me drive it, my first thought is "What are they trying to hide?" Or maybe I'll make a lowball offer to cover any hidden problems.

EDIT - My point was, if you insist on not allowing test drives, you're probably restricting your pool of available buyers, and may have a hard time getting the best price.

I disagree. I think a brand new Tesla is a little different. I’ve sold 3 and never had anyone ask to take it for a test-drive. Especially when a car is under a new warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke