Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seeing any of these VINs as found.
My bad,
I was so excited to not get the bad check digit message, I totally missed the valid vin that doesn't exist message.

Sorry everyone.

Am I doing something wrong? YES, YES I AM . Copy paste, click, capcha, capcha, capcha...
vin.PNG

In 2015, about 2.5 years into Consumer Reports having been generally very positive about Tesla, the Wall Street Journal clubbed them with a very aggressive article.

“The Journal column argued that the magazine “prostituted” itself to “shill” for a $120,000 vehicle favored by government policy makers.”

A rave review for Tesla is under attack

Since then, in nearly everything from CR relating to Tesla, I’ve sensed a conscious effort to be skeptical about Tesla and to make sure anything they put out has heavy doses of criticism.

To be clear, I’m not saying CR is being dishonest, but rather that the WSJ let out a bullying roar aimed right at CR’s lifeblood (its reputation as an honest unbought source of consumer advice), and CR was so shaken by it, they didn’t realize that roar was bs, and/or didn’t want to risk a fight with so much at stake. Though CR didn’t have anything to apologize for, pretty much all they’ve subsequently put out on Tesla has had an apologetic “we’re not fanboys” overcompensating tone to my view.

fwiw, the WSJ used the same bullying tactics to say “shut up!” to Jay Leno a couple of years back when he started publicly making quite favorable comments about Tesla.

If anyone is not already aware of this, the WSJ was purchased by Rupert Murdoch about a decade ago (he owns MarketWatch and Baron’s as well).

Thank you for reminding us of what is happening:) The Tesla fundamentals appear right on from my computer in the basement. We would all like to see higher, and higher production numbers on the Model 3, but we are only on the outside looking in:-( It is a difficult task looking in from the parking lot:)

Reactions: SteveG3
He also has work and hope. If left to his own devices, I bet he or his kids will be livin' large someday. Give him a government handout, and hope will be cruelly torn from him. We've seen it over and over again.

We've also seen those given temporary assistance get off it and become successful. Most people are on assistance only for a limited time I believe, contrary to what some would have you think. Poor people in poor countries tend to stay that way.

Anyone know why Tesla stock dropping like a rock this morning?

Really? Things are pretty bad right now. We were suppose to exit 2017 at 5000 M3s per week. Then that got pushed to end of March, then end of June. And most people have no confidence that Tesla will even hit the 2500 weekly mark it stated for exiting March (which was 5k only a couple of months ago).

An analyst is predicting Tesla will go bankrupt in 4 months.

The Uber fatality.

The Model X wreck in California.

There are people posting here on TMC that Tesla is giving them $20k off an inventory car (not a demo or loaner mind you - brand new), along with .99% financing, and a signature wall charger (standard wall charger is $500). That's a hell of a discount for a company that says it doesn't discount its cars and is production constrained. And it doesn't give you a very good feeling about the delivery numbers for this quarter when they're basically selling cars for cost to get the numbers up. Scary.

There's really ZERO positive news at this point. My feelings on Tesla are as low right now as any point since I invested over 5 years ago. But, Musk has worked miracles before. Let's hope he has one more in him (or 2 or 3!).

There's people posting here on TMC that Tesla is giving them $20k off an inventory car (not a demo or loaner mind you - brand new), along with .99% financing, and a signature wall charger (standard wall charger is $500). That's a hell of a discount for a company that says it doesn't discount its cars and is production constrained. And it doesn't give you a very good feeling about the delivery numbers for this quarter when they're basically selling cars for cost to get the numbers up. Scary.

Please post the thread link. Neither Google's nor TMC's search know of this event (other than Feb23 2016).

Piece of trivia:
I was number six in line at the Marietta store on March 31. My brothers wife got in line about an hour after the store opened. This past Thursday she received her invite to configure her model three. I would estimate somewhere between 250 to 300 people in between the two of us in line.

Therefore invites are going out at a terrific rate!
I suspect (I should use slightly more firm verbiage) that the surge has most definitely begun!

Just in case delivery store influences invites to configure. She was visiting from St. Louis so her delivery store would be in St. Louis and not in Atlanta.

I don't think anything useful can be taken from this. I talked a friend into standing in line with me at Rocklin. they live in Sacramento and I live about 2 hours away from Sac/Dublin service centers.

When we were given our first delivery windows, they were 3 months ahead of me and we literally reserved at the exactly same time. They are still 3 months ahead of me.

I assumed it was because they lived closer to a service center at the time, now I have no idea. I am an owner now but model 3 order is reserved with a different email address so they didn't associate the two and move me up in line. I didn't fix it because I'm not going to order anytime soon now regardlsss.

Status
Not open for further replies.