Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia/Atlanta Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@IDKWhatIamDoin @LMonger @gsugators @tophermd @atlchamp Did you get the ppf and ceramic coating done?

Got a quote from Doctor Detailing Protective films and coating: $1600 for full front PPF and $1100 for ceramic coating.
Also waiting for a friend to share the contact of a person who charged $500 and did the ceramic coating in his garage.

Still not sure if I can do the ppf by myself.
Yep. I got Full Front PPF (and Tinted windows) from
Abel Tinting. Somebody else in this thread recommended them and they did a really good job. 1700 for PPF and 300 for tinting all windows.

Reactions: Deliboy
Has anyone in the Atlanta Waiting Room gotten an Austin Model Y LR VIN yet? I’ve read about Texas (& now Florida) deliveries of Giga Austin MYLR vehicles. My MYLR EDD is still 2-6 weeks out & no VIN yet.
When is your EDD? I am hoping to get an Austin as well, but happy either way. I am in the Gump, where are you at in Bama, if you don't mind me asking.

(early Feb order date MYLR w/tow) My EDD range narrowed this weekend to July22-Aug4.

Anyone else in the Atlanta area with similar order date seeing their delivery date approaching?
MYLR 5 seat Red/White, 19, Tow, FSD

Ordered 2-5-22 - August

Update 2-9-22 - June 15- July 13

Update 3-10-22 - May 15- June 15

Update 4-11-22 - July 15 – Aug 30

Update 6-13-22 - August 25 – October 8

Update 7-1-22 - August 27- October 1

Looking forward to delivery, but not holding my breath. The good news is Sept 30 is the end of the quarter and we all know what that means!

MYLR 5 seat Red/White, 19, Tow, FSD

Ordered 2-5-22 - August

Update 2-9-22 - June 15- July 13

Update 3-10-22 - May 15- June 15

Update 4-11-22 - July 15 – Aug 30

Update 6-13-22 - August 25 – October 8

Update 7-1-22 - August 27- October 1

Looking forward to delivery, but not holding my breath. The good news is Sept 30 is the end of the quarter and we all know what that means!
Same MYLR 5-seat, red/white, tow, but no FSD. Order mid-Nov ‘21. EDD now 7/26-8/23 (was Mar, then Apr, May & June).. Hopefully soon!

driving north on i-85 near the airport right before the 285 merge i saw a car hauler with all MYs. It was full so either 8 or 9. One red and the rest were MSM. A mix of 19 and 20 inch wheels. That stretch is my daily commute and its the first time i've ever seen a car hauler with tesla's so not sure where theyre coming from or heading too because its an odd route to come from the BHM railyard. Hopefully someone here is getting their car soon!

Reactions: ptf1 and Thunder7ga
2/8/22 Order date
LR White car, black interior
Tow
19" wheels

Current EDD is Aug 1 - Aug 15, and this is the 2nd time we've gotten a 2-week window. Hopefully this one sticks! Anyone else received a VIN recently? How far out from your EDD range did you get your vin @micantony?
2/8/22 Order date
Tow
19" wheels

Current EDD is Aug 1 - Aug 15, and this is the 2nd time we've gotten a 2-week window. Hopefully this one sticks! Anyone else received a VIN recently? How far out from your EDD range did you get your vin @micantony?
11/15/21 Order Date
MYLR red/white
Tow
19” wheels

Current EDD is Aug 4 - 18
Also 2nd time we’ve had a 2-week window.
No VIN yet here.
Hopefully soon…

2/8/22 Order date
Tow
19" wheels

July 10 we went to a 2 week window for the first time. Then 3 days later got the first communication from “Tony” at Tesla regarding a potential trade in assessment. We were assigned a vin# later that afternoon.
So it all went fairly quickly.
Honestly, I think we were just fortunate to have the right build (MSM with tow) and the right location (atlanta area) at the right time of the quarter.
While at Tesla picking up, there were a lot of MSM Austin build MYLR, and another truck unloading. Atlanta must have gotten their slot in line and received truckloads from Austin here at the end of July.

We picked up from Kennesaw. Very nice location as far as space. Their service center is huge. They have 4 lifts and in the process of installing 4 more, so that should help with service request timelines in this part of Atlanta anyway (northwest burbs).

I will say, based on my experience, we’re going to see a shitload of MSM MYLR on the roads soon. Bunch of clones 😀. I would say 90% of the vehicles in Kennesaw were MSM. Of course, that may just be what they built in Austin first, so that’s what got delivered.

info:
Picked up July 22
1 mile on odometer
parcel shelf
old style console (not magnetic)
build quality looked great to me, but I am not terribly anal about the little things if we have any.
The main issue we ran into, that I have heard about elsewhere as well, is the difficulty in closing the front doors. You have to close with some force (a little more than what would be normal).
It’s kind of weird, if you have one of the rear doors open, the fronts close easily. So it’s a combination of the latch, design and also maybe a pressure issue of some kind. Something to be aware of.
lastly, the plastic housing behind the mirror rattles. Will have to figure out how to silence that, car is so quiet you can hear everything if it makes a sound.

Got our first update last night. We’re part of the Tesla family now. Looking forward to our first trip up to the mountains.

67618DE6-6FF4-445D-9304-B056A4022F55.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ptf1 and walex19
11/15/21 Order Date
MYLR red/white
Tow
19” wheels

Current EDD is Aug 4 - 18
Also 2nd time we’ve had a 2-week window.
No VIN yet here.
Hopefully soon…
Yikes, when I hear about Nov orders still waiting I feel optimistic. Hope yours comes through soon!

Agree with @micantony that it seems like it comes down to whatever batch they’re building, and MSM was the common color with the recent batch.

Yikes, when I hear about Nov orders still waiting I feel optimistic. Hope yours comes through soon!

Agree with @micantony that it seems like it comes down to whatever batch they’re building, and MSM was the common color with the recent batch.
Dwalk51, Is your EDD still 8/1-8/15, & have you gotten your VIN yet?
8/1 is getting really close.

Still no VIN for me w/ EDD 8/4-8/18.
Apparently, checking every few hours doesn’t get you a VIN any faster…