Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Fremont, 6/23-24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the confirmation e-mail:

Get Amped Model S Tour

Your Model S test drive is confirmed. Please bring this email with you, and forward to your passengers if you do not plan to arrive as a group. We recommend arriving 30 minutes early to begin the check-in process.

When
06/24/2012 01:00 PM

Where
Tesla Factory
45500 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538

Have you called Tesla? They should definitely let both of you drive.

Thanks for your support all. I actually just called them again and they reiterated that even though we're getting two cars, it's only one test drive per family. That makes no sense and now I'm more annoyed than ever.

And they sent me a confirmation email with the wrong time on it. I think they sent out a bunch with the wrong time on them from the reaction of the woman on the phone.

Thanks for all those great (and cute!) photos of kids in the 3rd row. That helps!

That is annoying. I guess you'll have your Sig car before you have to lock down your production version at least so can get an extensive evaluation in before you need to place the second order. Have fun.

I have to say, this whole "we're a family" is starting to ring a bit hollow about now... OK that we're on a tight schedule, OK that the spouse (and future co-owner) of the car can't drive, OK that we can't take time to strap in child's seat. But the booster seat I'm planning to bring is the loose kind used for occasional travel. No straps, no back, definitely not "protruding", just sit on it to get propped up a bit. It takes same time, probably less, for him to toss that in and strap the seat belt than it would for any normal adult to simply sit down. If they won't allow the booster, I'll chance it and drive him around for 8 minutes without it.

(To be fair, I really think that email was written in of a combination of ignorance of how some booster seats work and a desire to keep the guidelines neat and simple without granularity.)

I challenge anyone on this forum to be more excited about this car than my son. Last October he didn't get to go the factory because "we can only accommodate one guest", but this time he is on my guest list. If he doesn't get to ride, I'll let one of the TM folks tell him that. They might as well tell him Santa died while they're at it...

I can install my son's seat in less than 30 seconds (I've been practicing) but I hope they have the child jump seats since I'm guessing they might turn him away.

Tesla is listening people! The Ownership Experience team saw my posts here and took the time to call me and assure me that both my husband and I would be given the opportunity to drive given that we're buying two cars. A very helpful, responsive woman named Angie was the person who called. Thank you Angie! Way to be on top of it TM!

Tesla is listening people! The Ownership Experience team saw my posts here and took the time to call me and assure me that both my husband and I would be given the opportunity to drive given that we're buying two cars. A very helpful, responsive woman named Angie was the person who called. Thank you Angie! Way to be on top of it TM!

That's indeed good news Steph! I wouldn't be surprised if this were the policy all along (or if it hadn't come up, but this is the line they would have taken if it had) and just the reps (I assume they're just customer service agents at this point?) didn't have any info/authority to say more so just erred on the side of caution.

The "one drive per family" line was likely meant to emphasize that even if you showed up with 3 additional people in your party, only one would drive.

Great to hear! And nice way to step up, Tesla!

REVISED: Get Amped Model S Tour

Your Model S test drive is confirmed. Please bring this email with you, and forward to your passengers if you do not plan to arrive as a group. We recommend arriving 30 minutes early to begin the check-in process.

When
06/24/2012 12:00 PM

Where
Tesla Factory
45500 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538

Received this disappointing email today:
That's too bad :(. Wife will have to stay behind with the kids while I drive. She doesn't care so much - "ride in the back? done that".
Others with kids under 8 (GG, ddenboer, transl8r, etc) were you planning on having the kids along for the ride?
Argh. Wife will not be happy that the baby can't come with her. Though they way she's planning to drive it may be better for me to hold him while she drives ;)

Tesla, PLEASE make sure there really is a static car we can use to install our car seat and make the sure the baby is comfortable in there, sits at the right angles, etc. If this happens then she'll accept that the baby and I can't ride w/ her.

I wouldn't be surprised if George B. saw your post and passed it onto a staffer...

Argh. Wife will not be happy that the baby can't come with her. Though they way she's planning to drive it may be better for me to hold him while she drives ;)

Tesla, PLEASE make sure there really is a static car we can use to install our car seat and make the sure the baby is comfortable in there, sits at the right angles, etc. If this happens then she'll accept that the baby and I can't ride w/ her.

My understanding is that there IS going to be a static car available for that purpose (among others).

I never get tired of hearing people say that Tesla saw their post about x/y/z and got in touch right away to make it right.

Test drive route:

Untitled.jpg