Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geting in and out of the darn thing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding exiting, I find it odd to exit with everything still on. Music playing and AC blowing etc. I understand that the S then shuts down, but odd. Then when you approach the music starts back up like you never left. Good but not what I have been familiar with.... Comments?
This is one of a couple of things that I'm still getting used to. I desparately feel the need to turn something off before I get out of the car. The silence when initially driving away is one of the other things.

Regarding exiting, I find it odd to exit with everything still on. Music playing and AC blowing etc. I understand that the S then shuts down, but odd. Then when you approach the music starts back up like you never left. Good but not what I have been familiar with.... Comments?

You get used to it very quickly. It quickly becomes the standard. Then when you drive another car you wonder what's wrong.

You get used to it very quickly. It quickly becomes the standard. Then when you drive another car you wonder what's wrong.

Exactly. Now when I get out of my ICE I am annoyed that the car beeps at me if I haven't removed the key and I'm annoyed that I even have a "key" that I have to turn and pull out of the ignition and that I have to remember to turn the headlights off! All I can think of is "this Porsche is just so stupid".

...I desparately[sic] feel the need to turn something off before I get out of the car...

And after 2.5 months there's STILL a tiny, tiny part of my subconscious that expects and prods me to "start something up" when I get in. OTOH, that continues to make me entirely happy when I fully realize, each time, that I don't need to!

Getting in, hardest part so far for me is lifting my left leg up over the sill without hitting the door. But that's nothing 1,000 repititions won't cure.

Getting out, I admit to having already started thinking about what my butt sliding on the leather is doing, medium- or long-term.

I usually pause Slacker when exiting.

- - - Updated - - -

And after 2.5 months there's STILL a tiny, tiny part of my subconscious that expects and prods me to "start something up" when I get in.
For me this is unpausing Slacker.

As the former owner of a Lotus Elise, I'm used to making contortions in order to get into and out of a car. Of course, with the Elise (and the Tesla Roadster) it's expected. When I sat in a Model S, however, I wasn't expecting to struggle to get in and out of the car. Yeah, I'm nearly 6 foot and overweight but the Model S isn't a compact 4 door either. I generally prefer 2 door coupes and would love it if Tesla came out with a Model S coupe. My old Lexus SC-400 was noteworthy because that car had a trick linkage on the doors to maximize the access while minimizing the space needed to open the doors.