Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting my new Y tomorrow, when can I order the Jupiter? [ juniper - only info states late 2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was suggested to me that this was too soon to lock a thread, and after consideration I will unlock it.

The reason I locked the thread is, the thread question "I am getting a model Y tomorrow, when can I order the refreshed one? (juniper)". The answer is, "we dont know, but tentatively late 2024 sometime, and you are not going to get whatever those hardware updates are, if any, in your model Y you are getting tomorrow".

Since the answer seemed to be fully answered, and didnt appear to desire to be a discussion thread about the content of said updates, etc. I closed the thread since the question was fully answered based on the information we have available.

It was suggested that it should be left open though, and as I mentioned in the beginning of this post, after considering it I am re opening it.

Upvote 0
Getting my new Y tomorrow, when can I order the Jupiter?
Is your intent to buy a new car with the updates? Or do you think that the updates can be retrofitted?

Tesla has so far not provided any retrofit capabilities.

When can you order a car with the Jupiter updates, if it is like it has been in the past, the cars often just start appearing. There may be some changes in the order page, may not. So far a period of time, you don't know what you are going to get.
And to make it worse, the factories may not all switch over at the same time, so it depends on where your car comes from.

Upvote 0
When can you order a car with the Jupiter updates, if it is like it has been in the past, the cars often just start appearing. There may be some changes in the order page, may not. So far a period of time, you don't know what you are going to get.
Some articles state production on 2024 Model Y 'Jupiter' begin in October of this year, as a 2024 model, obviously. Gotta love Tesla, keeps us guessing, ugh.

Upvote 0
Would I have harder time to sell Tesla Model Y with 3.0 Hardware when new Tesla Model Y with Hardware 4.0 is available?
Can I trade in old Tesla in Tesla Dealership? Do they give price for old Vehicles?
Probably not. Most people have no idea that there is a difference. Pretty sure that BlueBook doesn't differentiate between one that does and one that doesn't.

Don't trust me? Go look at the Model Ss and see which ones are on the old platform.

Upvote 0