Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting regular screen artifacts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some people posting about sociayl circumstance screen artifacts, but I'm getting them every 4th or 5th time I get in the car.
Guess away after a screen reboot, but it's happening a lot now.

Anyone else?

Service told me to do a soft reboot with the scroll wheels each time it occurs and wait for a future firmware update to resolve. As a software engineer I am very used to software bugs... After all, I am an expert at creating them :) But my wife who is non-tech thinks it is crazy that we spent 60k for a car with the main screen rebooting itself, going off and staying off while driving, screen artifacts, yada yada... Meanwhile service just says this is part of owning a Tesla. I missed that on their sales pitch, doh!

I had an issue where the screen was actually unresponsive, and surprisingly on the screen there was an alert (above the windshield icon) saying that "Touchscreen unresponsive, please initiate the two scroll bar reset" or something along those lines. I've also seen weird artifacts, but isolated only to specific "map tiles" and only at specific zoom levels, the overall UI was fine.

Service told me to do a soft reboot with the scroll wheels each time it occurs and wait for a future firmware update to resolve. As a software engineer I am very used to software bugs... After all, I am an expert at creating them :) But my wife who is non-tech thinks it is crazy that we spent 60k for a car with the main screen rebooting itself, going off and staying off while driving, screen artifacts, yada yada... Meanwhile service just says this is part of owning a Tesla. I missed that on their sales pitch, doh!
As a software engineer myself, I agree with your wife. :)

Reactions: super20g