Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Texas Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new headlights have the potential to benefit from the advanced matrix capabilities (although if/when this happens is anyone's guess).

Pretty sure if you asked 100 new owners waiting for MYLR deliveries, not one would be disappointed that their MYLR came with the updated headlights.
Advanced Matrix features aren't likely to be approved with all the other stuff the current administration has to worry about and their goal in getting certain things passed (high tech headlights not being one of them). Even then, the "advanced features" you speak of aren't in this light because they don't have the million pixel leds needed for that technology. These have a very minimal amount of segments in the projector to focus light across certain areas to make them SEEM brighter. They do not produce more lumens than the original lights and if they focus more of it in one spot, then the other spots will be darker and more dangerous.

Fresh off getting our M3SR+ that my wife loved so much, we placed an order for a MYLR at the Tesla Plano, TX location on 9/1. Talking to our SA, he said
- it would be unlikely Gigafactory Austin would churn out the volume needed till early Jan, not just due to production processes but also supply shortages
- Also don't count on 4680's till probably 2023

Side note, because I'm in TX, I'll be likely getting a Fremont built as TX has a law that a manufacturer cannot sell direct to a Texas consumer (and Tesla has no delaerships) which is idiotic....
But TSLA will want to use the Gigafactory Berlin/Texas as a positive call-out on their earnings call before end of Q4, so here's to hoping!

My OD is 9/8. EDD has bounced around since; previous Dec EDD, today changed to mid Jan - mid Feb EDD. Kinda hoping for a TX model, and dbl bonus would be the updated battery pack. However, as another member noted to expect the updated battery in '23.

At the end of the investor webcast the finance person said it is unlikely that cars from Giga Texas and Giga Berlin will be delivered before the end of year. It is likely they will be produced but not delivered.
Do cars that go to employees count as deliveries?

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon73
Anyone else not buying the Tesla Austin Owners Club BIG announcement tonight? Seems like it is tied to their Wheel Of Fortune Fundraiser. BIG is mentioned everywhere. They are just announcing a winner and whatever the puzzle answer is. Second word is Texas. No known dictionary word fits the first word.

TESLA-GF TEXAS ???

Joe Tegtmeyer notes lots of Model Y's in the employee parking lot. Are employees testing newly produced Model Ys from Giga Texas? :) 11:53 into the video.
This thread started with a post that said the same guy told us the first delivery MYs would roll of the line in October. Didn’t actually watch either video don’t feel like I need to.

Agree Joe's sources have been overly optimistic. But the pic / video speaks loudly to me.
Those are not Austin Model Ys. I can’t speak as to why he’s saying it, but theres no excuse. Why are the 20 model Ys Austin built but the S and 3s are just randomly there?

If they really think those are Austin built where are the Texas registered NA VINs? If they arent registered where are the manufacturer plates? Super easy to do that. A simple pic of 10 Ys with Manuf plates and the story is believable. But those don’t exist because those aren’t Austin produced Model Ys

Advanced Matrix features aren't likely to be approved with all the other stuff the current administration has to worry about and their goal in getting certain things passed (high tech headlights not being one of them). Even then, the "advanced features" you speak of aren't in this light because they don't have the million pixel leds needed for that technology.

Finally getting a small glimpse of what the matrix headlights are capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.